“Perfect for True Ice Cream Lovers!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 48 Dessert in Nashville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our latest Nashville scoop shop opened in September, 2013 in the 12 South neighborhood and is next to Josephine, a new cafe by Miranda Whitcomb Pontes, who serves Jeni's ice creams in her nearby Burger Up pub. Other Music City favorites in the area include 12 South Taproom & Grill, Katy K Designs, and denim purveyor Imogene + Willie. 12 South epitomizes what we love in a neighborhood: action. 12 South, a lively, super-cool area, includes some of the best options for enjoying yourself in Nashville.
New York City, New York
“Perfect for True Ice Cream Lovers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Unbelievable ice cream. They have unique flavors and will let you try a whole bunch of them! If you're a chocolate lover I highly recommend the Askinosie Dark Milk Chocolate. They also have amazing ice cream sandwiches made from macarons!

Berkeley, California
“Every tourist should try this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I mean, certainly, all the locals know that Jeni's is something special.. in terms of what they have done with ice cream. You will come here and wish there was a place like this in your hometown. Imaginative blends of flavors, more than you can sample (we came each day for the three days we were in town), and nice assortment of toppings and sauces. Good value for the product. We had to wait in line two of the times we were there but happy to do so.

“Best ice cream ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Ice cream sandwiches that are so delicious and big that they serve them on a plate with a fork. Staff was so friendly and we got to sample anything we wanted...i had the dark chocolate hazelnut ice cream sandwich that was truly the best ice cream I've ever had...don't leave Nashville without stopping here!

sponge rocks, florida
“Wow really unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stood in line a long time on a Wed PM to try this place. It was worth the wait. They have unique flavors like goat cheese/cherry, Yazoo and beer nuts, chardonnay/pear, and more. Never seen so many cool options!

Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent Eclectic Ice Cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This had to be one of the best places for ice cream that I have ever been to! This wasn't on my list of places to check out, but the sign out front caught my eye when I read the featured flavor of "Goat Cheese With Red Cherries". I just had to try it. So, I walked in to get my scoop and was informed that they actually do half scoops in order for the customer to try more than one flavor. For my second half scoop, I tried the "Yazoo Sue With Rosemary Bar Nuts" since Yazoo is a local brewery.

Both were DECADENT! The goat cheese ice cream tasted like a delicious cheesecake. The Yazoo ice cream was surprisingly a good mix of sweet and savory since it had rosemary, and the cayenne pepper gave suttle yet spicy finish. I would totally have both flavors again...along with many others.

• Visited May 2014