“Perfect location, great decor, lovely staff, but...”

Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown
Ranked #14 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Los Gatos, California
“Perfect location, great decor, lovely staff, but...”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Let me say the good things first - lovely staff, great decor (important to me, as an interior designer), nice rooms, well laid out, modern, comfortable but pillows could be softer (or just make one of them softer). Location could not be better if you want to "do" downtown Nashville... 5 mins from all the bars and music of Broadway and around the corner from the Hall of Fame. Close to the river and there's no need to get the car out of the valet except to go to the Opry or Music Row. No real problems about this hotel but travelers should be aware it's not full service. They offer a "complimentary breakfast" but as it ended at 9am, I was not in time so had to make do with a muffin and a coffee in a to-go cup. Am not sure what they offered as "complimentary" but suspect it's a continental menu when one of the things I love about a hotel is an indulgent breakfast. It's not really a formal restaurant, more a casual, open-plan canteen adjacent to the check-in desk (loved the cowhide panels btw!!) . There may have been room service, but I don't know as, for once I didn't need it so can't comment. My husband was here on business and I tagged along. As a base for our quick, fun visit, it was perfect and we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: No great views anywhere from what I could see, some building work going on riverside but you shouldn...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
loganwolverton, Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Hi Chomondley! Thank you so much for the review of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was convenient to all that downtown has to offer! I am sorry to hear that you missed our breakfast as we do offer quite an array of items including breakfast sandwiches, french toast, waffles, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, as well as all of the continental items you mentioned. We hope that you and your husband will come see us again on your next trip to Nashville, and thanks again for your review!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Couldn't fault anything about this hotel; from the front of house staff (Dave) was great, room fantastic, free wifi, free breakfast, plenty of lobby space and ambiance, good coffee, great location (only 2 blocks from Broadway). Just perfect.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas
Reviewed April 24, 2014

It is too bad that the staff is so bad at this hotel as the rooms are pretty nice. You can tell that the rooms were brand new. The staff on the other hand needs some help. I walked in around 8:30 ish at night to check in. No one was thrilled to check me in... Since it was getting late, I decided to get my room keys and then head over to the cafe/lounge for a quick dinner before heading up. I sat down at a table and looked over at the bar. About 5 people or so sitting there. Nice live entertainment so the ambience was ok. I noticed just ONE person working the bar and the realization that the ONE person working the bar would probably be working the cafe as well. Since no one came over to even mention that they would be attending to my table, I walked over to the counter and picked up a salad to go. The same ONE person behind the bar was also responsible for ringing up my salad... needless to say she wasn't the most pleasant due to the 85 jobs she had that night. I also had a soda and hummus snack to purchase as well. I signed the check and then there was no offer of a bag to put my items in... note that I had my big carry on and luggage with me... so now I had to carry all of those items up to my room. They don't have bags? I get all the way up to my room with the items and they forgot to give me a fork for the salad... so now I have to go all the way back down to the cafe and approach the "happy" staff again. I asked for a fork and it was literally asking a robot for a fork. No one says "sorry that we forgot to give you one" or "my pleasure"... Hospitality anyone? Like I said, rooms are really nice and spacious. Doors are paper thin so you can hear people's conversations while you walk down the hallway. Very old fashioned light switches so they would need to change that in order to look more modern. Went down to the lobby for breakfast and they had a great buffett laid out. If the staff can be greatly improved, this hotel will be successful. Warning - not a lot of restaurants around the close area so you are pretty much stuck to the hotel unless you want to walk a little bit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hi UNLVforme! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet as well as our rooms! I am sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant interaction with our staff. It is certainly not something that we stand for, nor does it reflect our standard operating procedures. I apologize for putting you through this. We hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again on your next trip to Nashville to show you how we really run our hotel! Again, thank you for your review and we hope you made it home safe!

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was a first visit to Nashville. We wanted to stay within walking distance to the Broadway action but not right in the middle of it where it was noisy. This hotel is perfect. I would say I've never experienced a nicer group of staff than at this hotel. We were there 3 nights so saw many shift changes and everyone was great. The hotel lobby is a great chill spot. They even had live acoustic music on Friday and Saturday night (not that I needed to hear more live music). The breakfast buffet is better than your typical hotel free breakfast that we often would skip and go out elsewhere but didn't need to here. Parking was conveniently connected to the hotel but you do pay for that. Only complaint I can think of is that in our room when the A/C was on, it was pretty loud and it blew so hard it would blow your hair while laying in bed. We even tried redirecting the air, but still blew right on you in bed. But everything else was so nice we overlooked that one issue.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We came in town for a fun friends weekend and this place was perfect. The rooms are slightly larger than your average hotel room and include an "L" shaped couch (which was also a pull out for a 3rd bed). You simply can't beat the location, 3 blocks off Broadway. Close enough to walk back multiple times a day, but not so close that you can hear the bars outside your window. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was a nice bonus. I was also very impressed by the sound proofing of the walls. We never heard anyone is the adjacent rooms or in the hallway and with Nashville being a "party town" and during a long weekend I was figuring we would hear people at all hours, but not a peep. We did pay $20/night to Self Park, but unfortunately that is typical with downtown hotels. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
loganwolverton, Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Hi per4mance! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location as well as our spacious rooms. Hopefully you and your friends were able to sleep comfortably with utilizing the extra bed in the sleeper sofa. I'm also glad to hear that all of the "fun" that Nashville has to offer didn't carry over into your getting a good night's sleep. Again, thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville!

Aurora, CO
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Place recently for a conference; excellent location, close to the new convention center, but also close to downtown attractions including Broadway. Staff is great, extremely helpful and always good for a joke. Hotel concept is innovative with gallery restaurant/market and atrium bar. Had live music/artist in the lobby. Rooms are very clean, modern, and well equipped. Bathroom is modern. This was an almost perfect experience, except for one little problem with the AC/Heat fan. The fan outlet is right across from the bed, pointing at the headboard and the draft from the fan is so strong that it feels like sleeping in a storm, woke me up several times. Unfortunately, the control does not allow for shutting off the fan or a lower setting. A deflector would make this problem go away very easily. Housekeeping was attentive, flexible, and did respond quickly to requests. Room rate is reasonable, overall a great price to benefit ratio.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank G S
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I spent the week in Nashville for meetings and the Hyatt Place is a perfect downtown hotel. This is a new property, opening in 2013, so everything is fresh and new. I checked into room 622, a corner room with big windows and great views. I have no complaints about this property, the service, staff and property make for a great Nashville experience. You are in walking distance to so much activity, Broadway street, Music City Center, Bridgestone Center, etc. I can't wait to come back with my wife for a pleasure trip and enjoy more of Nashville.