“Vintage Charm, Beautiful Setting!”
Review of Top O'Woodland

Top O'Woodland
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Top O'Woodland
Ranked #13 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Vintage Charm, Beautiful Setting!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This fabulous location in beautiful East Nashville was absolutely astounding. The cabin is roomy, aesthetically pleasing, well decorated and beautifully furnished. You'll feel right at home! In walking distance to many great area bakeries, restaurants, and bars, Top O' Woodlands only gets more fabulous the longer you stay! Enclosed patio spaces allow you to enjoy the best of outdoors and privacy. Owner could not be a better person to work with, and you will not regret your stay! Ten times better than any hotel, with an extremely reasonable and competitive price. Don't miss it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Riverfaerie
TopOfWoodland, Owner at Top O'Woodland, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We love being the "girlfriend reunion" location. With so many good restaurants and "small shop" shopping within walking distance, Mr. Green's Cottage is perfect for a group of friends to hang out and catch up.

And glad you enjoyed having a glass of wine in the Patio Lounge with the little nest of finches...we may change the name to The Bird Lounge.

Belinda Leslie, Owner InnKeeper

Business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had a lovely stay in Mr. Green's cottage. Nice neighborhood and convenient to Nashville attractions. We arrived early and we needed to tie into a business meeting and the owners were very gracious and accommodating. The cottage is a hidden gem!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Johnson_Family13
TopOfWoodland, Owner at Top O'Woodland, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your good experience. Hope you can stay with us again.

Belinda Leslie, Owner/ InnKeeper
Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I recently hosted a jewelry show for a group of around 15 ladies and we had a lovely time. Wonderful atmosphere. My guests enjoyed being able to wander through the rooms to see the antiques and decor. The owner, Belinda, was most friendly and very knowledgeable on the history of the house. Her large poodle accompanied her throughout the evening but was very well behaved and friendly. I look forward to having more groups there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Linda C
TravelAlot24, Owner at Top O'Woodland, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
It was delightful to be home to such a fun girls event. I look forward to hosting your next one maybe out in the summer courtyard edged in flowers?

Belinda Leslie, Resident Owner
Madison, Tennessee
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My Wife and I had a 'Business' getaway during one of Nashville's big Music Events and Mr. Green's Cottage was the place we landed. This cuddly little place with flower gardens (my wife's description) had a great little balcony where she could sip her coffee and the wireless was perfect for her iPad and my little Netbook. There were two playful Standard Poodles in the yard downstairs that were no trouble or noise and there were GREAT Restaurants in East Nashville and hip Coffee Shops & Bakeries a few blocks away. The proprietors Belinda & Jim were helpful and knew all the best places.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jbrephan
TravelAlot24, Owner at Top O'Woodland, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for writing a review - and for showing me a couple of tricks on my iPad I didn't know I could do. How lucky you were here for the early spring iris blooming this short winter. Usually they don't bloom until late April.

Hopefully next year, when you return, the flowers will bloom early again - just for you.

Belinda & Jim, Owners
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The home was in need of cleaning. We mentioned that the chandelier had thick dust on it and it hung over our bed. My husband ran his finger along it and the dust was as thick as a lint catcher in a dryer! The response we got when it was pointed out was "sorry it wasn't spotless it gets cleaned 3 times a year"

She had her friends come and reherse music for some type of event. How awkward if you had wanted to take a nap at that time. She asked us if we minded when they were already on their way! When this was mentioned to the owner as being a negative the response we got was "Nashville is music city"

The breakfast area was left lacking appeal and cereal was old and the small fridge was near empty. We were told, "it's served on silver and organic food." Yes Trader Joes is organic but I still would like it fresh. And pasteries were served and supposedly purchased at some high end bakery. Well it tasted like day old wares. And yes the breakfast at La Quinta no matter how processed the eggs are it was better tasting and had fresh fruit available. A brown banana was out when we checked in to Top o Woodland and was there for 2 of the 3 days we stayed. That along with stale Trader Joes cereal and pastries were better served in a "east facing with original stained glass windows" but the folding chairs (YES folding chairs) on a rickety table with her large poodle looking at you while you ate is something I'd rather pass. This dog is beautiful but large and her head is table height while sitting.

Our garbage was never taken out. The response was "it was an oversight, you were home most of the time ( which we were not) and then a snotty remark was made about maybe next time she'll (the owner) will just knock on the door and disturb people.. We had our door open most of the time except when her friends were rehersing music and when we slept or were gone.

One night at 3 am a drunken couple stopped in the parking area of the B&B. Fought for about 20 min, cursing and yelling. The bed also sits against the window where the central air system is going. It was near impossible to sleep from the noise of the unit.

The owner is very offended when any negative thing is pointed out to her. It's a so-so B&B with a terrible breakfast but has good coffee and tea that is served with mismatch plates, cups and silverware that can be found at any goodwill or salvation army. So if you are into antique homes that are dirty but have good coffee and you love noise. This is your place! Armin & Julie Kilber

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank arminjulie
TopOfWoodland, Owner at Top O'Woodland, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Feed back is useful no mater what. I keep saying that to myself when I get one like this every other year or so.

We offer a continental breakfast well defined on our web site - not everyone knows what that means. We served these guests fresh cut melon, organic cereals, milk, yogurt, and butter which was in our guest refrigerator so they can have a leisurely breakfast in the private tapestry dining room. I do remember they ate everything I put out and it was generous. We serve on Lennon china, silver flatware with crystal glasses featured in "Gone With the Wind" when Scarlet is drinking whiskey after her first husband gets shot - she is drinking from one just like ours.

A romantic acoustic group (2 guitars, 2 violins, a flute and maracas) rehearsed for an hour from 6:15 - 7:15 pm in our Locke Parlor. Tickets to their performances usually cost $10 and we got the short concert for free. The first floor is 2500 sq ft. with lots of space for everyone.

The wood work on all 5 fireplaces is solid chestnut and tiger oak with the original finish which has aged. To an untrained eye, might look dusty - it is the way 115 year old varnish looks and we have no plans to destroy it's authentic beauty. Their chandelier was dusty I agree - no mention was made during their stay and I apologized to the guests for not having it spotless when she sent her comments after her stay.

Our pictures on line were taken in April 2011 and well represent what we offer. We look forward to your stay with us so you can see for yourself what the other 492 satisfied guests this year have enjoyed.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 23, 2009

My husband and I were married at Top O Woodland this May and had a wonderful and memorable time. We were told that the time line for a short daytime ceremony was strict but we were met with nothing but courteous and charming service when we arrived early! The interior of the B&B was very quaint and inviting. I expected it to be somewhat stuffy like most “antique’ish” B&B’s but it was not at all! The outside speaks for itself, it’s gorgeous.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nataliology
Lexington
Reviewed January 6, 2008

We stayed at Top of Woodland over the New Year's Holiday. This B&B is located in the up and coming East End of Nashville, and is just minutes from downtown. The food was great. I would highly recommend the fruit and cheese tray. The bed was very comfortable (Master Room), and we had zero complaints. I would definitely recommend Top of Woodland to anyone.

• Liked — Convenience
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple