“Great Lunch Spot!”

The Cookery - Nashville
Order Online
Ranked #297 of 2,428 Restaurants in Nashville
Reviewed March 11, 2019

I met a friend here for lunch who RAVED about The Cookery. I was a little guarded because he was over the top about it, but he was right. The service was over the top friendly and the food was really great for a reasonable price. I had the veggie burger and it was easily the best I have ever tasted. The french fries were baked instead of fried and were seasoned very well. The menu was full of tasty and healthy options. I can't wait to go back and try more menu items! A great new find in the Belmont/12 South/Music Row area!

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Marty D

Reviewed February 18, 2019

I honestly go to this restaurant EVERY TIME I'm in Nashville!! My cousin suggested it to me - and when we first walked in - we couldn't figure out why. It is a SUPER casual restaurant, but from the outside it almost looked like a formerly abandoned building. Come to find out the chef who opened it was once homeless, coming here from Australia to pursue his dreams of breaking into the country music business. When that didn't work out - a chef in the Nashville took him under his wing to train him in the culinary arts and give him a second chance at making a living in Nashville, and the rest is history!!! The owner has now turned this into a beautiful gift to the community - feeding other homeless or marginal people, providing them training and spiritual support - and yet running a restaurant who's food is second to NO ONE!! The food here is EXCELLENT!! I promise you, you will NOT be disappointed!! The hours are a little unconventional for a restaurant, but for good reason, so make sure to look that up in advance!! Get yourself a mug or tee shirt when you are there - BOTH are of exceptional quality and design, and further support the mission!!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank busymomof3ElmaNY
Reviewed January 26, 2019

Was staying nearby & saw the reviews were good, don't know if it was just a bad day of service but the food was excellent, a little on the pricey side but quality was great

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank club212rookie
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

A friend and I spontaneously stopped in her for Sunday brunch after seeing it alongside the road. It turned out to be an excellent choice. I especially recommend the fries with gravy and parmesan. The service was prompt and friendly.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank MichaelK751
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I was there for the first time yesterday for lunch; really liked the place. They have great healthy food choices, as well as great service and a great cause that they support. I got the whitefish grilled tacos; very good. My wife got the salad and loved it, and someone else got a burger and their specialty fries; also loved them. Plus, they train chefs and kitchen staff in their teaching kitchen who are down on their luck, and also graduate some of these students from their training program. Very impressive mission that they have. They also offer vegetarian servings.

Date of visit: September 2018