“Nice Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Grill - CLOSED

Sunset Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: 21st Street @ Belcourt
Description: Sunset Grill is the iconic culinary trend setter of 23+ years in Music City for Contemporary American with a Southern focus on local & regional ingredients, along with sustainable seafood from the Gulf and Atlantic Coast. Featuring over 60+ wines by the glass and 300+ wines by the bottle and winner of Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, as well as DiRonna award winning culinary focus. Complimentary shuttle service is available by phone reservations. Sunset Grill Chef / Managing Partner Chris Cunningham is a protege of Chef Deb Paquette - Etch, having served as her sous chef at her 3 previous restaurants. Several private rooms are available for small and medium sized groups and separate checks are available for groups upon request. Private dining for dinner, lunch or breakfast is available by prior arrangement.
Twin Cities Metro Area
“Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Wandered into the the Sunset Grill for a late lunch after visiting Vanderbilt U. The service was great, the staff friendly and everything we ordered was very good. We ordered the catfish, crab cakes and an order of angel hair pasta. Everybody at the table enjoyed their food. Desserts were very good also. Would highly recommend the Sunset Grill if your in the area.

• Visited October 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a very pleasing restaurant in a nice area of town. The menu had lots of healthy choices so there was something for everyone in our party. I tried the spicy beat salad and it did have a noticeable kick. I was warned. The salmon I had was outstanding with a sweet relish on top. Our Creme Brûlée was a bit burned on top in places though. The wine was half priced but the half price was normal price and full price was way too much. Overall though it was a nice experience.

nashville tennessee
“Old Friend, Better Than Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have loved Sunset Grill since it opened. Service is always excellent, the wine list is varied and good, and there are many favorites to choose among.
However, it is now better than ever. If you have not been there recently, you will have a treat. There are a number of chef's specials, often changing daily, which are fresh and fun.
Last night, we had a porgy special (when have you seen porgy on a menu?) and a scallop special, which is among the best dishes I have ever had.
In addition, the waitress recommended an excellent pinot noir by the glass - and the pastry chef had two specials - one of which we tried. It was a pumpkin bread and sauce which was light and wonderful. We are not usually dessert eaters, but this was too good to miss.

• Visited October 2013
Leander, Texas
“Group Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great food and service! Highly recommend! Took a group of 37 people there. 90% of them were extremely satisfied with the food and service.

Visited September 2013
Antelope, California
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Sunset Grill as part of a work group dinner. There were 30 of us and the restaurant accommodated us with ease. The serive was good and the waitstaff was knowledgable and kindly recommended both wine and food.
While I do not drink, many of my coworkers were impressed with the wine selection. We had an assortment of appetizers, all of which were good. I had shrimp and grits for dinner and was not disappointed. In fact, at my table six of us ordered the shrimp! No one had dessert so I cannot comment.
I did not pay attention to prices since my boss paid. I suspect the food was pricey and I am not sure I would come regularly if I had to pay. To me, this is a special occasion restaurant and would be worth the cost.

Visited October 2013