“Staid decor belies worthy quisine.”
Review of Sunset Grill - CLOSED

Sunset Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: 21st Street @ Belcourt
Description: Sunset Grill is the iconic culinary trend setter of 23+ years in Music City for Contemporary American with a Southern focus on local & regional ingredients, along with sustainable seafood from the Gulf and Atlantic Coast. Featuring over 60+ wines by the glass and 300+ wines by the bottle and winner of Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, as well as DiRonna award winning culinary focus. Complimentary shuttle service is available by phone reservations. Sunset Grill Chef / Managing Partner Chris Cunningham is a protege of Chef Deb Paquette - Etch, having served as her sous chef at her 3 previous restaurants. Several private rooms are available for small and medium sized groups and separate checks are available for groups upon request. Private dining for dinner, lunch or breakfast is available by prior arrangement.
TN
“Staid decor belies worthy quisine.”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The interior architecture of the building is fun, the decor uninspiring--think 1980s steak house. I was not looking forward to the meal. But they wowed me. Great catfish and chicken. Portions sized moderate but perfect for us. Waitress offered excellent advice when we asked. Apple oatmeal dessert was good,

• Visited March 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Date Place”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went here recently with 19 other people. Because we had so many dining together, I was able to see everyone's plate.
So much variety, good prices, good sized portions, very accommodating staff.. This place as been around for years and has always garnered good reviews from the community. It's a great place for groups, parties, dates, meetings, anything. They have the room, they have the food, they have a great staff.

I have been dining around Nashville for a good year now, trying out all the restaurants.. What I have done is order shrimp and grits at most of the restaurants.. At Sunset Grill, I got 12 shrimp in my dish. More than any other restaurant in town offered. Some give me 4 shrimp, some give me 6, but Sunset Grill gave me 12 shrimp. Made me a happy camper. I can say that I got a good price on a really good meal. NO complaints.

And no one in my party complained about the food, the staff, or the noise level.
It was perfect..
Parking is not perfect. That's the bad part. But if you get there early enough, you can probably find a parking place.

• Visited January 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Lovely Restaurant”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A lovely restaurant with a good menu, lengthy wine list with detailed descriptions, and well-prepared food that is served attentively.

• Visited February 2013
“Average at best”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Crowded, loud, and tiny portions. The food was good, but not the next level I expected for the price we paid. Our service was bad, to the pointy at the manager had to come whisper in our waiters ear that we needed service. My shrimp and grits appetizer came in a small coffee cup. I will look elsewhere for a nice meal next time.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Upscale Casual in Nashville”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Features creative appetizers and entrees. Something for everyone in the family. Try the Shrimp and Grits, Seared Sea Scallops or for a more casual lunch, the Sunset Bacon Cheeseburger.

Visited November 2012