“Surprise on a side street”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Siam Cafe

Siam Cafe
Ranked #657 of 2,032 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Surprise on a side street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

A very ordinary looking storefront on a side street but very good thai food and very accommodating service and friendly guys running the place. I stopped in very late one monday night after arriving in town on a delayed flight. I ordered to go and sat and had a beer with with the owners and watched some of MNF. Very good tom yung goong, and soy flat noodles with tofu. They also have all the spices and hot oils in a small self service group near the counter. Ask for a side of their peanut sauce- really good.

Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Curry Capitol”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

Siam Cafe is where i go for the best Thai in town. Everyone at work loves the Pad Thai, and i do too, but i can't stop with that. I've been going for years and now i usually get the coconut soup, along with some Red Curry, the Massaman, or Panang. With those curries you can't lose. i also love the dumplings, which there are only four of, but they are the best i've ever had. The crispy garlic on top makes it. The other dishes are good, but i just can't help but get one of these curries and the soup every time i am there. The hot saki is another tradition i enjoy there. I think they have remodeled the "intimate" dining section. The other option at the restaurant is the cafeteria style section. the food is laid out buffet style and you tell them what you want to eat in the cafeteria dining section or carry out. Its fast and inexpensive, but the food isn't the same as the dining menu. Its whatever they have there and prepared ahead of time to ensure a speedy and inexpensive, but good meal. I think the last time it was around five bucks! and good. The Dining option is the way to go for a family meal or more formal experience, and it won't break the bank either.

• Visited October 2011
Layton, Utah
“Best Pra Ram I've Ever Tasted!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

This was my second visit to Siam Cafe. The first time back in 2009, we found them by accident. Returning this year, they certainly didn't disappoint. I was looking for Pra Ram on the menu, but couldn't find it. I asked our waitress if it was something the chef could prepare. She seemed perplexed by the name so, I described it as best as I could. She brought out my made-to-order dish and upon first bite? I think I heard angels. Wow! This was the best Pra Ram I'd ever tasted! Amazing...and it wasn't even on the menu.

The sauce was tangy with a hint of sweetness. My tofu was slightly crisp on the outside. The veggies were steamed to perfection and the Jasmine rice was the perfect accent. I'll be sure to voice what I want again next time.
There is something to be said about "holes in the wall". I look upon them fondly and understand completely why they remain small and out of the way. They are like diamonds, rare and precious to find. Discover Siam Cafe and you'll see what I mean.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank WonderWoman1975
Cordova, Tennessee
“30 years in business can't be wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Great Thai food at very good price. I went there 4+ times a week while living in Nashville.

This restaurant is one of the most thing I missed Nashville.

• Visited August 2010
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HORRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stopped on our way home to have lunch in Nashville. Once they seated us, it took 10 mins. to get water. We had a starving 2-year old and nobody came to take our order and they all just kept running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.
Finally, we left and went to another Thai restaurant down the road where we got quick service.

• Visited July 2011