“Incredibly delicious”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Green Hills
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had the vegetable koorma and chicken tikka. Both were wonderful. Staff was extremely welcoming. I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Dblwoworld

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Very typical menu prepared well and with care. Over priced.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

They are a little more expensive than the other Indian restaurants in the Nashville area, but well worth it. I only eat chicken and the chicken is high quality. I've never had to throw a piece out or cut off something from the chicken. I add some garlic bread and I get two meals out of one order. My favourites are the Tandoori Chicken and Chicken Tikka Misala.

1  Thank AuziPom
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Variety of dishes, levels of "heat" to order, the most attentive and informative servers one could hope for, Regular customers are greeted as friends. Not to be missed!

1  Thank poetsspouse
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I confess I love Indian food and it is not something I get to enjoy unless I am traveling. I searched tripadvisor for Indian food in Nashville, TN (I was in town for 1 day & 1 night). I found Shalimar and was not impressed with the outside...or the location...or the parking but I have learnt that these things rarely have much to do with the food. I have never been a big fan of "buffet" but decided to give it a shot for lunch. There was a fair selection of food and desserts. The bread was on the buffet also (this is good). I also order the tea. The food was good, plentiful and fresh. The tea was "over-done." I really like Chai but this had too many flavors (in fact I could not distinguish all the spices used). It tasted like someone pour a little of every spice they had into the pot. I left full- but slightly disappointed. It was good but nothing special...and a little expensive for a lunch buffet.