“Quality Mexican Food at a great price with Perfect College Atmosphere”
Review of San Antonio Taco Co. - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
San Antonio Taco Co.
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
“Quality Mexican Food at a great price with Perfect College Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

You really can't beat the value if you are on campus and need either a yummy snack to stay motivated in the library all nite or just tacos and beers with friends after class. Additionally, the environ in chill enough that you could also bring fussy parents with, sit outside on a sunny afternoon and not be disappointed. The workers are the fastest I have seen around, very friendly, and accomodating. You also get to build your own items before you order, however they still have quick free cleanup service at the tables. Good deals on buckets of beers here and Ben & Jerrys is connected if you need desssert. Muy bueno!

Nashville, TN
“Overrated”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is really a popular restaurant with the Vandy crowd. When I ate here, I couldn't really see what all the fuss was about. I thought the food was just average. I'd much rather go to Q'doba, just a short distance away or Las Palmas if I want more serious Mexican food.

Visited August 2012
Ball Ground, Georgia, United States
“Very disapointing”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

During our first trip to Nashville my wife and I were walking around and came upon this restaurant. We noticed several police cars were our front and figured if the locals choose the place we can’t go wrong. Our first hint should have been the couple that came out as we were going in, I asked “How is it?” to which the gentleman replied, “uh it’s all right”. The restaurant is dimly lit and dirty, the ordering process is to complete a checklist form and hand it to the counter. The two working the counter didn’t seem to know how to work the cash register and complained about working the whole time. The queso was the best part as the burritos were cold and had less than fresh lettuce. We will not return, our only guess is the place is a last ditch stop for drunks after a hard night drinking downtown.

• Visited September 2012
Nashville, TN
“Really?”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I don't know how folks can truly like this place. I have visited both downtown and Vandy locations and it's just horrible. Dirty restaurant, brown watery lettuce, velvetta cheese queso, rubber chicken - I can't believe they are still in business honestly. The best thing is the chips by far. There is so much competition with this variety of food, especially downtown. They will never get my money again.

• Visited July 2012
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Our Laid Back Summer Place”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our family has been eating SATCO since college. My huband and I love it as much as the kids. The price can't be beat. The service is always outgoing and really fast. Food is prepared when ordered. You pick it up and help yourself to drinks and all-you-can-eat salsa and pico. Inside can be noisy and is bare bones in atmosphere/seating but its hard to beat taking tacos, cheese dip and beer to the porch. We LOVE to relax outside in the summer. Plus there is built in entertainment watching people try to park next door in the private parking. Don't waste your time; we've never had a problem parking on the street.

• Visited July 2012