“BEWARE”

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Beware!!!, when you eat at Joe's Crab Shack the attached parking lot is a scam. The rates are $6 for one hour ( and the wording is in really, really fine print) or $12 for all day. Maybe the nice people at Joe's should warn you, if you park in the lot next to them you only have an hour or you will get a $40 parking ticket. We almost made it. It was an hour and 17 minutes and we got our ticket, along with several other shocked patrons of the restaurant:( I'd say atleast 3 different groups of diners found a ticket on their car). I'd think Joe's servers know this happens and as a courtesy would mention to their diners if you paid $6 it's only for an hour and more than likely you won't be out in time. I mean the attendent must be standing by your vehicle when the hour mark hits, in fact we saw him in the lot with a huge stack of parking violation tickets ready to be placed on unsuspecting diners. So your options are pay $12 to park and eat..bit steep don't you think (and def not worth an extra $12), or if you find a meter, run out and pay it every 30 mins. Good luck! Oh, the restaurant was OK (the one in Atlanta is better, and in a nice safe area with free parking). It wasn't busy and still took over an hour for a late lunch. It's not in the greatest part of town either...guess that's why $$ for parking. Also, it's on the AAA discount restuarant list and when asked, the hostess and manager wouldn't give the discount.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

It had been a while since we had eaten at a Joe's. it was great to see and taste the expanded menu. We love the additional choices. Everything we had was very good and served by good staff. It was nice to get away from barbecue in Nashville downtown.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Well, tonight Mark and I went to Joe's Crab Shack. I wanted to do something for him for Father's Day. We enjoy eating there, however, tonight's service was by far the worst ever experienced there. They weren't even that busy so that couldn't have been the excuse. Dustin, the waiter, took our order for drinks and appetizer's. Once we got the drinks......we never saw him again until after the food (brought by someone from the kitchen) came to the table (about 35 minutes from order time). At which time Mark let it be known that he was not happy. We'd both been sitting there waiting for refills for some time.

Well, apparently Mark's comment to the kitchen staff that brought the food didn't take long to reach our waiter. He walks over and wants to know if there's something we need. Really? You've not been over here for over 30 minutes now and you really thought our drinks would last that long? We responded, "yes we'd like refills please." Mark's drinking a bottled Bud Light, while I'm drinking a diet coke. He comes back, hurriedly I might add, and slams the glass on the table, turns and storms off. No beer for Mark.....yet. While waiting for the beer I tell Mark, "I'm not drinking that. He's pissed now and probably spit in the glass. So it gets pushed out to the edge of the table.

Within a few more minutes, he comes over with Mark's beer and notices the diet coke pushed out to the edge of the table. He says, "is everything okay? (looking towards the glass) I said to him, "are you mad at US about something?" His response was, "I just walked over and sat the drink down and walked away."

Now hold up. I didn't say anything to him about the diet coke. I just asked if he was mad at us about something. He knew exactly what he'd done which is why he knew my comment was regarding the rude manner in which he brought me my drink.

NEEDLESS to say this young man learned a valuable lesson (or he doesn't give a crap and didn't learn a thing). TIPPING is paying for good service. If I don't get it. You get SQUAT from me. When I go out I expect good food AND service.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Okay, don't expect high dining experience. The setting is like a big fish camp (if you've been to the South you know what I mean). You get a lot of food in every entree. Pricey? Have you bought any seafood at the grocery lately? Best deal in the place? The Steamer pots or orders of crab (go figure with the name). Negative? Some of the waiting staff didn't seem to understand that good service is still expected in a causual setting - ie make sure your guests have plenty to drink and silverware is at the table BEFORE their order gets to the table. Last, would I eat there again? YES, but would take plenty of others with me.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Joe's Crab Shack here is just as good as our favorite in MB! Bigger, a second story. Service was quick & efficient.