“Italian food by Italians (thankfully!!)”

Coco's Italian Market & Restaurant
Ranked #171 of 2,129 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are not just a great restaurant, at our heart we are a market of Italian imports. Our availability of fresh, authentic products ensures you the real Italian culinary experience.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I ate here one early afternoon when we were in town for a doctor appointment. The prices were reasonable, the food was made to order, and our service was good. There was a video playing on the TV that featured beautiful areas of Italy. We both enjoyed our meals and felt that the portions were decent. I had eggplant parmesan (Cinelli's Parmesan on the menu) and my husband had spaghetti with Bolognese. After our dinner, we shopped at the attached market and picked up a couple items we knew we wouldn't find in a place like World Market or some other chain. Wish the day would have been nice enough to eat outside. We would eat here again - it was a great and authentic change of pace from pseudo-Italian restaurant chains.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Okay. I agree with some of the other reviews that the service is not the best (preoccupied, unprofessional service staff). However, the cannolis are worth it! They are the best you can find in Nashville and believe me I have looked everywhere. The dinner items are good too but pricey.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've been to Coco's twice and have enjoyed both trips. The first time was earlier this year with a classroom of students and the second time with one of my best friends. For both trips, the food was good with large portions and the servers were friendly and helpful. On my last trip I choose the lasagna bolognese and the antipasto platter, which is way too much for one adult (I had a groupon so I decided to use up the entire coupon!) The prior trip I tried the "grown-up grilled cheese", I forget the actual name on the menu, but it was also very good.

Before leaving, I recommend trying the gelato. The change up the flavors and what I've had so far is very good. The first trip I tried a scoop of the coffee and the rasberry. This last trip, I tried the Orange cream gelato which was fantastic!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Coco's is a small place, but very tasty. We wandered around in the market area while we waited to be seated- they have lots of delectable-looking desserts and Italian foodstuffs to take home and try out. We ordered the Caprese appetizer, and the mozzarella was very fresh. I wasn't feeling particularly adventurous, so I stuck with the chicken parmesan panini for my entree. It was quite good, but nothing out of this world. The atmosphere was very friendly and comfortable. After finishing our meal, we went inside to get gelato. The lady behind the counter was very friendly, and let us sample as many flavors as we wanted. I settled for the peanut butter, and it was literally the best gelato I've ever had. I will be honest and say that I don't eat gelato often, so I may not be the world's best authority on the topic. But I will definitely be going back to Coco's.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Coming from a city where Italian restaurants are plentiful I was optimistic about this place. We were greeted by a waitress who could care less about us or her job. When asked about any nightly specials she flatly said 'no we have none' while the table next to us got a listing of three specials by their waiter! I knew we were in for a bad night when the lady at another table complained of human hair in her entree. The waiter at first argued with her that it was just a strand of melted cheese. When he tried to pull it apart he realized that the customer was correct! My entree was heavily salted and tasted like canned meat sauce and cream mixed together. My children's meals were left half eaten on the table. I can't speak to the deserts since I didn't want to spend more of my money on a very mediocre meal! There are far better Italian restaurants in this city. I will not return and hair should never be found in an entree!

2  Thank milswgc