“Good place on 2nd Ave for sushi”
Review of Ichiban - CLOSED

Ichiban
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The food here is really good and not too expensive. I had my first date with my girlfriend here and it has become our special place. The vegetable tempura is really good and they make a Nashville roll sushi that is really good. It's a more traditional style restaurant and is well worth the time if you are downtown. They aren't very slow so you can frequent them before some concert or venue you are downtown to see. They are also open after hockey games and concerts so you can go afterwards. I've had better sushi but this is a really good place and they are in the middle of downtown so it's very convenient, too.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Steps off the neon-lined music drag in nashville. Waited about 10 mins on a monday night while checking out the country music stars signed photos over the bar. Saw a large party of japanese businessmen eating there which I took to be a good sign. The sushi was very, very good. Atmosphere, while nothing to brag about, was slightly better than "hole-in-the-wall". Will definitely eat there again when in nashville!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I were in town for a concert and stayed at a hotel downtown. We love sushi and try it whenever we travel. Ichiban got good reviews and it was within walking distance from our hotel. We got seated right away and the staff was very friendly. The atmosphere was very nice and we knew quickly that we were in for a treat. We started with the nigiri which melted in our mouths. It was so good we ended the meal with more. My husband tried the rainbow roll and I got a cucumber/eel roll. Both rolls were amazing! This was by far the best sushi we have had outside of Puerto Rico and Vegas. We will be making the trip back soon to Nashville just to eat here. If you are sushi lovers like us, you will love it too.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Close to the corner of Second and Broad. Great lunch and dinner spot. We had dinner tonight. Service was great. Food was even better. Happy hour 2-4-1 sake till 7:00.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

By far the best sushi, I have ever had was in Denver, CO (can't remember the name, but it was near REI, maybe Sushi Sasa)...so all else seems to compare to that experience. The second was probably in Austin (Uchi)...so I suppose it is unfair to compare Ichiban to my penultimate sushi delights...That said, the sushi was very good, fresh, tasty (sometimes too much sauce to give it taste - we prefer the fish to speak for him/herself), and all of the rolls were very wide, so we did not leave hungry!