“Diamond inThe Rough”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Hillsboro West End
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Brown's Diner is our favorite neighborhood place to go for a quick bite. The decor is early-small-town-pool-hall, which reminds my husband and I of home. The burgers are truly homemade and are the best in town. Their catfish is pretty good as well. And the staff are more like moms than waitresses. Love this place. It's as authentic as it gets.

1  Thank bhilt

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place is very near my house and I was excited to read about it on tripadvisor since it sounded like a hidden gem. I never cared to go into the restaurant because it seemed like a dive, but sometimes dives have the best food so I was very eager to give it a shot.
The place was as dumpy on the inside as it appeared to be from the outside, but the staff seemed friendly and the place had quite a few people so I was starting to believe the food would be great.
I ordered the cheeseburger and prepared myself for something amazing, but when it came out I was quite disappointed. It wasn't disgusting, just seemed quite plain. Reminded me of the cheeseburgers from my hometown burger joints but not quite as messy and good.
The price was very cheap and the burger wasn't bad. I'll probably go again because it is so convenient to where I live and i want to give it another shot. Maybe I hyped it up too much.
But the waitresses were great and the place seemed to be a really relaxing place to hang with friends, but definitely not a place to go alone for the sole purpose of enjoying a hidden gem of a burger.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

but I still like it. It has character, well, as much as Rotier's anyway. It's a great neighborhood joint that's been around since the '20's. It's not gourmet burgers. It's a piece of meat on a bun with an ice cold beer (or coca-cola if you prefer) and sometimes, that's all you need for a good meal.

2  Thank TENNDAWG
Reviewed July 30, 2012

If friends in Nashville insist, go and be gracious. But, I'm still searching for the best burger in Nashville.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

The first time I ate here was in the 1960s and, other than an enlargement, it has not changed very much. The decor is very plain, but clean. The main items are burgers, fries and chill, all of which are good. I ate here this morning with two friends,one had a grill cheese and chill and the others had cheeseburger with fries. There was not a crumb left. Service is fast and friendly. Prices are low.