“Pleasantly surprised”

Darfons Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Darfons Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,031 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Boise, Idaho
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I spent a couple days in Nashville over the weekend. We were looking for a place to eat after checking into the hotel after a long day's drive.

We were hungry so I couldn't spend too much time finding a place. Our only criteria was that we wanted to avoid a chain. I launched OpenTable and it found this restaurant less than a mile away. A quick glance at the menu and we had it reserved.

I decided to take the plunge and order the swordfish special. I've always wanted to try swordfish and never had the right opportunity.I figured a special at a local restaurant might be the best time - and I was right. It was fantastic. My wife loved her Chicken Mediterranean Salad. We had the carrot cake for dessert and it was one of the better carrot cakes I've had.

The host and wait staff were fantastic. If I were to pick one thing to criticize it would be the draft beer selection - only 4, and nothing local? In their defense, the bottled beer selection is quite extensive and surprised me.

Visited March 2013

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Good fun place for friends to meet”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Food and service were good. Attention to detail was good. Recommendations were good. And most of all, we were a large group and well served and attended.

Visited December 2012
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
“Nashville Treat”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We left McNamara’s Irish Pub after awful service before we even got our drinks. Looking for another close eating option to our hotel we found Darfon’s and had a wonderful experience. We were promptly seated, and attended to by our waitress. She was attentive and friendly and offered great recommendations. Best of all, the food was plentiful, and me steak was well seasoned and tender. My only wish was that we started our evening here.

Visited March 2013
Sam D, Owner at Darfons Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much!! We hope to see you again soon!!
Sheffield, Alabama
“Hidden Treasure near Opryland Hotel”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was in Nashville for a trade show and asked the Lady at the Hotel if she knew a good place to eat. Boy was she right. The place has that 1950's Las Vegas feel, the food is great and the service is great and it's priced moderately. When I'm in Nashville you can bet I'll eat here. They are five minutes from the Opryland Complex and worth the drive. You'll have a better meal, spend less money and leave very happy. They have ample parking and they are easy to find. If you have a large party call ahead. You'll thank me for this one.

• Visited December 2012
Tustin, California
“Unexpectedly Great! Relied on Trip Advisor for Recommendation”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've been going to this area of Nashville for years, but always ignored Darfons for some reason. Had a business dinner with colleagues and Darfons was convenient. At 630PM had to wait for about fifteen minutes even with reservations. The place was packed the the atmosphere was vibrant. Menu is broad with everything from chops, steaks, salmon, etc. Had a pork chop and garlic shrimp. Very good. Colleagues were all very pleased with their selections. Server was excellent and very fast at serving drinks. Not cheap, but very good. I'll go again.

• Visited February 2013