“Excellent business lunch”

Darfons Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Darfons Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 2,038 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Dandridge, Tennessee
“Excellent business lunch”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had a great experience with a business lunch at Darfons. I had the Cobb Salad and it was outstanding and one of the best I have experienced. The quality of the food was excellent and the service was very good. I looked at several other entrees as they passed by me on their way to other customers and all of the food looked awesome. I highly recommend this place.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice setting, great food, but order up some minor tweaking.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I went here for lunch after we had won a $40.00 dinner for two in a drawing. It's an attractive place, both outside and in, and just around the corner from the airport. I've passed it on many occasions, but hadn't read or heard a thing about it. This was our moment to check it out.

A young man met us at the door and ushered us to a nice booth--right about in the middle of the busy, if not bustling restaurant. As it turns out, he ended up being our waiter--pleasant and efficient, but we thought rather quiet. He then handed us menus. I found it odd that mine had food stains on it. It should have been thrown out, never to be used again. It was a glaring oversight.

As for our meals, both of us had variations of pasta/seafood dishes and each was delicious, with penne pasta, plump shrimp, peppers, and a bit of added kick-in-the-spice department. We ordered side salads which were good, although we thought they came with a wee too much shredded bits of bacon. A basket of sliced bread was brought out, along with a saucer filled with a nice, oily/crunchy mixture for dipping.

I liked that our waiter used what appeared to have been an old wine bottle to re-fill our water glasses. However, unlike the water previously poured into them, or so it seemed, the re-fill tasted like regular Nashville tap water. Anyone in this town knows the bitter taste. A good filter would do the trick.

Overall, it was a well-prepared meal in a handsome restaurant that just needs some fine-tuning.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“great food, great service”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went with 5 people from work on a Saturday night. Had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, due to the Valentine's Day weekend. Waitress was prompt with the drinks and answered questions about what was good on the menu, as we are all from out of town. She brought out bread with an olive oil and garlic dipping plate. Food came out as ordered within a reasonable amount of time. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. I had the Cobb salad with cajun chicken. The chicken seemed to be an entire breast and was excellent. I was only able to eat half of it. Waitress brought a to go container with some extra dressing in container, which was a very nice surpise. She even split the check 6 ways for us, which is a pain for them, but always nice when you are in a large work group and trying to figure who owes what. Would definitely make it a point to visit again, if I ever get back to Nashville. The crowd seemed to be a mix of business people (saw a few in suits) to a jeans and ball cap guys.

1 Thank tuffgirlreno
“A little pricy, but tasty and perfectly cooked meal.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had the filet and Jack Daniels ribeye. Only recommendation I would make is that reservations be made.

In a Vineyard
“Excellent ending to a crazy day!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

An unexpected gem as I was traveling through the area. Was immediately greeted and taken to a nice booth. Server came over right away and took drink orders (great wine list btw)was attentive but not overly. She had a perfect balance. I think her name was Brenda. The menu has an amazing pricepoint, Talk about value - wow!

I had the filet mignon and it was grilled perfectly. It was flavorful tender and delicious. That paired with my awesome pour of great red wine and great service was an excellent end to a crazy day of traveling.

Visited February 2013