“Great place to eat”

Joey's House of Pizza
Ranked #1 of 2,097 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Joey's House of Pizza is a Family Owned & Operated N.Y. Pizzeria located in Nashville. The Joey's Family is very passionate about serving the Best Authentic N.Y. Pizza, Italian Pastas, Salads, Subs & More! Their Brooklyn roots and Italian heritage merge to make Northerners feel right at home with Pizza By The Slice. Hand-tossed, Sicilian or Double Stuffed! Joey and his Family are dedicated to making all of their ingredients fresh from scratch everyday. Some of our Specialty ingredients include Joey's Pizza Dough, Joey's Famous Marinara & Pizza Sauce, Homemade Meatballs, Freshly grated and shredded cheeses. All of these wonderful components create a product of excellence.. from the pizza pies to the pastas.. and don't forget the cannoli! As Joey says "At Joey's you get Quality & Quantity!" Thank You Nashville, TN for making us #1. We couldn't of done it with out you! We Greatly Appreciate Your Business! Joey & Family -The Pizza Professionals
Reviewed June 15, 2013

food was excellent, tasted better than i thought, i was told by a friend to check this place out, and im glad that i did. the environment seemed liked it was a great place to work as well. i recommend others to check this place out.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This pizza is fantastic!! If you like good pizza you will want to make a visit here. The line starts at 11 when they open and stays constant. That should tell you something! The only bad thing is that they are only open from 11-3. I will be back!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Some guys at work go here regularly and I finally tagged along with them one day. This place is really a gem here in Nashville. The smell and sight of the food as you stand in line drives you nuts! Half the choices they offer are things other than pizza and they looked so good I almost passed on the pizza. I'm glad I didn't though because one slice of the'Gladiator' was more than I could handle and I'm a big guy. The atmosphere is very cool and I guess it's a family running the place because they seem very NY and related to each other. The woman handling the pizza is the hardest working person I've seen lately. lol
I will go back here again!

2  Thank Tony D
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Wow, we've tried virtually every pizza place in a fifty mile radius of town, and Joey's is so far and away the best I cannot overemphasize. We went there for lunch and I joked with my wife that we should go back for dinner - and she was ready! Then my son came into the room and had the same suggestion! Only problem is that they are only open for lunch (until three).
In New York State there is a good family-run pizza joint on every other corner, kinda like the drugstores in Tennessee (make what you will out of that fact). No one in Tennessee seems to have a handle on what a New York Style pizzeria is, but Joey and company does. It is a rather small store, but very clean and airy, the bathrooms and the lot are, too. There is a surprisingly scenic view of the Nashville skyline from the eat-in counter. There is a patio area out back.
Now the food. The crust is perfect. Crisp and chewy, a little sweet and nicely yeasty, with the toasty taste that you can only get from a 500 degree pizza oven. The toppings include some unusual (for the South) choices: artichokes; eggplant, thinly sliced and fried; fresh basil, which they don't skimp on and is best quality; and pepperoni, which they put the on top of the other toppings as God intended, so it gets nice and crispy. The cheese has actual flavor - it's not just cheap synthetic "food service" grade cheese product. The sauce could use a tiny bit more spice IMHO but guess what - they've got that covered, too - I noticed them throwing a little extra oregano on some slices, next time I will get that. I tasted the Lasagne, and it tasted very much like the way my Sicilian grandmother made it.
The cannoli are good and the tiramisu got raves too. Next time maybe I'll be brave and try the spumoni cheesecake. If I lived closer to this place I'd weigh three hundred pounds. Thanks Joey's, I am so glad I found youse guys!

3  Thank TOM S
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I love Joey and Chris, and their food is top notch. If you haven't been, you must try it. My favorite is the white pie with spinach. Also love the Italian sausage and pepperoni. C'mon people, get a life! Head on over to Joey's!

1  Thank RicoSuavee