“OMG, get a clue and a new manager” 1 of 5 bubbles

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #469 of 2,027 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clarksville, Tennessee
“OMG, get a clue and a new manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have eaten here before, since it re-opened. Food is usually ok, its not real italian, but at least it has flavor. But the service is just aweful. Last night, we got as far as drinks in dirty glasses, twice, lost our waiter for about 10 minutes, then left in disgust. Unfortunately, there is not a decent place at Opry Mills to get good service, even Claim Jumper service hasn't yet improved. Not sure what the problem is here in this part of Nashville, but its hard to find a good waiter or a place with a good manager. People, the only way we can change this garbage service is to review it and complain at the time of service. Also, to the guy in his big party slurping his spaghetti from plate to mouth like a 3 year old, get some manners, twist it buddy, you'll keep more on your plate and less will end up in your beard and on other tables!! Thanks

Nashville, TN
“Not like it used to be before the flood of 2010”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Party of 5 ate there on Wed. Dec. 26 @ 5:00. Food arrived lukewarm and the Carmela's chicken had little to no sauce. The mushroom ravioli was just so-so. This used be be a great place with excellent food - guess the management and chef after the flood need to get their act together and bring this restaurant back to what it used to be.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hoover, Alabama
“Excellent food and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

We ate at the Macaroni Grill at Opry Mills. I had the Mushroom Ravoli and their house red wine- very good. Definitely recommend this restaurant.

Visited December 2012
Marietta, Georgia
“Worst service ever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stopped in for takeout and was waved toward the bar at the hostess stand, where I waited an inordinate amount of time to even be noticed. The bartender finally realized I was there: of course there were two people already in the decent sized bar area, so it's easy to see how I could be overlooked. I ordered, then entertained myself by watching others try to get drinks, or takeout. One customer picked up takeout that was missing an order of calamari, and could not get bartenders attention, I finally said something as I was closer, the bartender apologized, but was waylaid by a beerdrinker on his way to the kitchen to check on the order. Finally a manager walked by and went to check on things, but I heard no apology. This was an early evening, before the dinner rush, experience. Food, when it arrived, was fine, nothing special. I was not far from where I was staying, it was packaged appropriately for takeout and still fairly hot. Romano's is one of those chains that just is not as good as it used to be and frankly, the food was not worth the price or the aggravation.

Visited November 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Worth the wait.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

On a bustling busy night we had booked for 16 to seat at about 5:45 on Saturday. They wanted to put the 2 tables of 8 in different parts of the restaurant, and we wanted our tables closer together. So we opted to wait. And wow did we wait! There was a great entry room with enough bench seating for most of us, and we all played a game together while waiting. Our waitress was attentive and accurate. She kept up with all our drinks. I like the bottles of water on the table for self-refills. The whole wheat bread served as appetiser with dipping oil was also wonderful. Hot, fresh, crunchy crust. I had the Bibb and Bleu salad, and I want it again for sure. One friend ordered her chicken roasted, and the waitress wrote it down, but the kitchen didn't make it. I ordered the seasonal offering Butternut Asiago Tortellaci on a friend's recommendation. It was wonderful.
I wish I could have tasted more things! The flavors are so interesting with great combinations and additions, such as the roasted pumpkin seeds on the pasta I had.
Big plus - even though we were in a big party, they did not add a big tip to our checks, so I was free to tip what I wanted to tip. As I mentioned, the waitress did a great job and I tipped accordingly.
Great time with friends. Great for any occasion, I think.

• Visited December 2012