“The food become more american than mexican”

Las Palmas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #843 of 2,053 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Welcome to your family-friendly Las Palmas Mexican Restaurante, where su familia es our family. Your family is our family. Bring the kids. Come in today and let us treat you like family.
Nashville, Tennessee
“The food become more american than mexican”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I used to love their salsa (fresh tomatoes especially). Now tastes like is from a jar. I used to just devour their carnitas, now is over dry. The orders become full of green salad instead of anything else, and the tortilla test as it stayed to long in the freezer or like is not cooked correctly. In the places were they still carry the Pinna Colada is more Ice crushed than anything else. Last time did not even had the cherry anymore (and become a very small glass than before). I came to Nashville 8 years ago and was my favorite restaurant. It is not so in the last 2 years...

Visited February 2013

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Great guacamole and authentic tasting food”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'm tough on restaurants, as good food, clean facilities, and good service are average in my perception. Anything less is below average, anything more is exceptional and worthy of raving. Las Palmas is good food, I fond the guacamole better than most I've had in Nashville. I have never been disappointed or underwhelmed by anything off the menu and I've had 12 or 14. THe service is difficult, subject to forgotten items, late deliveries, replacing items too cool or having sat tool long; there are sometimes language issues, we've waited for seating while booths were obviously open, and the bartender is obviously a novice on some occasions. Still the food is good. The facilities are clean. The service never has a bad attitude and they work to correct deficiencies. There is nothing to embarrass you if you bring a special guest, but there is nothing exceptional about the experience either.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Fred C
Peoria IL
“Agree with others Nothing Special...”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I normally am pretty nice when it comes to reviews... I guess I have just been spoiled by so many better and more traditional style Mexican meals. I do not like Americanized Mexican style food. I could do with out cheese sauce on anything and it seems to come on everything here. The salsa looked more like tomato sauce than anything. The hot salsa looked like mole sauce... My wife' burrito was covered in cheese which she said she did not see that listed on the menu and she said the steak tasted a little "off" as well.... All and all not what we were hoping for, but I am sure people who are used to this less than authentic food would have no gripes. I'll try somewhere else the next time I am in town.

• Visited December 2012
Lucca, Italy
“Good fajitas”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Very good mexican restaurant with good service, food and prices. I got chicken fajitas and they were good and abundant. My wife got some fajita nachos which she really like. If you are hungry and looking for some good and inexpensive restaurant, this is the place.

• Visited December 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nothing to Write Home About”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had several meals at Las Palmas while attending a conference, but that is because it was beside the hotel where I stayed. The food isn't bad, but it's nothing special. The service was nice, though. Very nice staff.

Visited August 2012