“Never been impressed here”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Market Street Brewery & Pub House
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Never been impressed here”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've eaten here many times, usually at the behest of a friend. I've never been impressed. The food is mediocre, the place is supposed to represent an English pub and falls short, and they say they make their own beer but it tastes like it was made in a dirty sock. I've just decided to pass on this place in the future because there are far too many better places for dinner on 2nd Ave.

• Visited November 2011

Kansas City, Missouri
“Average at best”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Average beer, average food, and average ambience. I was not too impressed with my experience. The food was not bad, however there was not anything memorable about my experience.

If you're hungry and need a quick place to eat, this is it

Visited August 2011
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Good food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

This is a favorite lunch or appetizer pit stop when in downtown Nashville. The food is always good and not a long wait time. We do not recommend the overpriced steaks, but all else seems in line with the value. Servers are knowledgable and the menu is diverse. The drinks are expensive.

Carmel, Indiana
“disappointing for fine dining”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We went to celebrate a friends birthday and we came away wishing we went somewhere else. Our gripe is the steak. I am a steak snob and while the cut of meat was good and it was cooked well, the chef decided to pour a sauce over it that was questionable at best. One of my friends thought is was ok, the other could not even eat his food, and I was just sad over a ruined cowboy ribeye.

There are many nice steakhouses and this place is not one of them. Nice decor, and ok service, but if you like good meat - shop elsewhere.

• Visited July 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love the setting and atmosphere. Truly like an old pub with some great beers. They usually have one beer that is...”
Reviewed December 22, 2008

Love the setting and atmosphere. Truly like an old pub with some great beers. They usually have one beer that is drawn from the keg the old way. The food is OK, but my 4 Star is because of the beer and a great place to hang at the bar. I used to have a mug on the wall with my name on it. Pretty cool. Try their special blended and seasonal beers they make there in the brewery. Love it.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook