“YUMMM!”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Knoxville, Tennessee
“YUMMM!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am a huge Mellow Mushroom fan, so deciding to eat here while in Nashville was a no-brainer! We were seated as soon as we walked in the door. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. My friend and I split a 14" Mighty Meaty/Kosmic Karma pizza. I must say the Kosmic Karma was one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten! The crust was so soft and the flavors all blended so nicely. Plus, I'm a sucker for anything with sun-dried tomatoes/pesto/spinach/feta. My other friend ordered a 10" Greek-type pizza that she enjoyed very much. Our pizzas did take a very long time to come but it was worth it. The restaurant and bathrooms were very clean and modern. It was a very enjoyable experience and I would love to revisit someday.

• Visited June 2013

Houston, Texas
“just wasn't good”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had always heard good things about this place and so , when in town recently for our child's graduation from college, we decided to give it a go. The young lady who served us did her job ok, but wasn't overly friendly or the type that goes out of their way for you. My daughter and I shared a "make your own" pizza - green pepper, spinach, red sauce, mozzarella - pretty standard. My husband and brother shared the house special. It took forever to cook - about 30 minutes later our food arrived. We had to clear our own table to make space while the waitress stood there holding the pizza. We were starving after a day of moving apartment stuff. However, the pizza didn't even look good. It tasted like it looked - bland, bland, bland. We couldn't even finish them. When our bill finally came , it was a whopping 70 bucks! For 4 people - 2 pizzas, 1 large, 1 med. 2 beers, 1 appetizer (also not good). They charged 25 dollars for the large pizza! Seems a bit high for the quality of the food and atmosphere - which is a bar-like 1960-70' years' theme. Very disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
“My kids love this place”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My kids love the pizza here and so do I. They have amazing topping choices and no matter what kind of pizza I'm in the mood for they have it. I always order more pizza than what I need so I can enjoy this goodness at home.

• Visited October 2012
Nashville, TN
“Great Salads at a Pizza Place!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Was there just before a big St. Patrick's Day rush; we got a great table on the porch, corner spot, real cozy; the Build It Yourself Salad is always a winner; you choose the type of greens, protein (chicken, tempeh, etc.) and other fixings (I had pineapple pieces, roasted red pepper and broccoli). Large portion, very filling, good pricing, excellent quality. No complaints. Had a Killian's beer which was excellent (not a beer drinker by nature) and we ordered a small pizza to go. Really good pizza, no scrimping. Erin, the waitress, was great; friendly, personable, really wonderful. You really can't go wrong here; plenty of TV's going, too, so it's not an intimate spot, but great for families and Vandy students.

• Visited March 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent pizza!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The smell of the pizza drew us in as we were walking toward another restaurant we'd planned to go to. Glad we changed plans! Excellent meal - delicious pizza - very fresh veges on it - very large portions - the "4 slice" pizza was what any other place would call an 8 cut. But that's great - makes for yummy leftovers! Fun decor.

• Visited March 2013