“Old school diner experience”
Review of Sylvan Park Restaurant - CLOSED

Sylvan Park Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Nashville, Tennessee
“Old school diner experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

While I wouldn't send anyone here just for the food, I can say that we consistently visit for the overall experience - even though the food is just okay. Fried eggs, average bacon, excellent biscuits, sausage gravy made from a powdered mix (but still tastes okay), good country ham and hey - thick slices of fried baloney! Bologna? No real butter here. Unless you love margarine you may want to order it on the side. Avoid the tough pancakes. Service is extremely friendly and full of down-home hospitality. Headshots of country music stars adorn the wood paneled walls.

Visited November 2012

Kingston Springs, Tennessee
1,169 restaurant reviews
“Very nice place”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

There is more than one restaurant in Nashville with this name. I ate lunch today at the one located at 2330 Franklin Pike in the Melrose district. This place has been in business a long time and they know what it is all about. Service is excellent and the food is very good. Prices are reasonable. Breakfast and lunch Monday to Saturday

• Visited September 2012
North Canton, Ohio
“Average meat and three”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

While visiting my aunt in Nashville, we stopped here for dinner one night. She lives in the west end so it was very close. The food was average, nothing spectacular. I did get the ham and three sides -- fried corn, coleslaw and macaroni and cheese. The ham was excellent. The macaroni and cheese wasn't too good. My boyfriend got the fried catfish and commented that it was dry and almost dusty. My aunt had the crab cakes and she said her meal was good. All in all, it wasn't bad but it wasn't the best. The service was excellent though and everyone was very friendly.

• Visited July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

We were driving around trying to figure out where to eat lunch and saw this place. I ordered the 3 vegetable plate. The green beans were good as were the whipped potatoes and fried corn. My husband had the country fried steak, which he liked, and whipped potatoes, corn, and mac a cheese, all of which he enjoyed. I was surprised that the cornbread wasn't more flavorful. But the meal made up for that. The decor is dated, but it is very clean. It was quite warm in the restaurant, but we are in the middle of record high temps, so that could be why. Our bill came to $15, including my iced tea. Very good price. I will definitely return.

Nashville, TN
“Southern Comfort Food....Ummm!”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We have been going to the Sylvan Park Restaurant at 2330 Franklin Pike (8th Street), Nashville, TN, since we moved to Nashville last year. It's service is stellar with a family friendly dining area, fair prices... and the breaded pork chops are delicious and just like my mom used to make (and I never could). It's a great "meat-and-three" with several different meat choices daily, along with a large assortment of side dishes and scrumptious chocolate and coconut cream pies! There are a lot of meat and threes in the Nashville area.....tried almost all of them.... do yourself a favor and save yourself for the best...Sylvan's on 8th street.

• Visited April 2012