“Nice atmosphere, OK food”
Review of Park Cafe

Park Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #260 of 2,161 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 44th Ave North
Description: At Park Cafe, our philosophy is to create innovative cuisine using high-quality seasonal ingredients from the vine. Our culinary team is dedicated to serving market fresh cuisine featuring products from local farms, gardens and artisan producers. Simple preparations allow the quality of the ingredients to shine, while the rich, hearty flavors that characterize our cuisine are the mainstays of the menu.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had dinner here with a small group of friends who have dined all over the city of Nashville. Our table had a variety of dishes from salmon, steak, scallops, chicken and trout. So it was a good cross section of food. All was good, but not great. Preparation of all dishes had an asian slant and all were quite spicy. Two of the dishes had to be sent back because they were underdone. The restaurant is quite small, but has a large outdoor dining area that looked quite nice.

Overall, good food, very good service, nice atmosphere. In particular, the food was less than expected.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I had spoken with the manager: Andrea Sawell a month ago in planning my boyfriend's birthday dinner. Tonight was the night for his dinner and let's just say they went above and beyond helping to make this stress free for me. I went in earlier today to pick my table where I would have rose petals laid. I also dropped a cake and his gift off where they presented it to him while we looked over our dessert menus. Christine (our server) was the best. The food was amazing! I would highly recommend this place for a lovely date night. We will be back! Thank you, Park Café! We loved our evening.

1  Thank Shay81
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This find is outside the honky tonk district and well worth the trip. We changed the reservation three times and the person making the changes was gracious and cordial each time. The heirloom tomato appetizer had locally sourced real tomatoes, the kind you remember from when you were a kid. We had grilled Louisiana redfish with lobster infused potatoes, summer corn and tomatoes. It was outstanding. The duck and sauces were excellent. Be careful of the sides, as this dish came with kale which I don't like. The staff was so helpful that they certainly would have accommodated if I had asked. Yvette, the owner, came over to chat, expecting that we were locals, like most of the customers, who she just hadn't met yet. She recommended the creme brûlée for dessert, which was better than any we ever had. It came between layers of thin pastry strips, not in the typical small round custard dish. Trust the server's wine recommendations. Use the valet parking, it's free and there is no obvious other place to park.

1  Thank lakemary1204
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Found Park Café on the internet while visiting Nashville and was a good surprise. I had the New York strip cooked exactly as ordered and daughter had the Pan Grilled Chicken Breast that was excellent. Very friendly employees and manager.

1  Thank harveypuppup
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Found Park Café by searching nearby on recent trip through Nashville. Very Pleasantly surprised to have such a treat. The Benton bacon wrapped dates with almonds were amazing as was the blackberry arugula salad. New York Strip was perfect size. Loved the atmosphere and the bartender. What a great find! Will definitely want to visit my Nashville office more often.

1  Thank Melodee W