“Cozy, pleasant neighborhood boite”
Review of Park Cafe

Park Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #260 of 2,161 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 44th Ave North
Description: At Park Cafe, our philosophy is to create innovative cuisine using high-quality seasonal ingredients from the vine. Our culinary team is dedicated to serving market fresh cuisine featuring products from local farms, gardens and artisan producers. Simple preparations allow the quality of the ingredients to shine, while the rich, hearty flavors that characterize our cuisine are the mainstays of the menu.
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Took friends from out of town and they loved the atmosphere and the food. It is a bit off the beaten path (close to Vanderbilt but not too...), though easy to find. Consistently good food, friendly service, small but inviting bar. This is what I hope for in a neighborhood spot where one may return on a regular basis and have a favorite dish or try something new. A good lamb shank and a nicely cooked and presented salmon are two dishes in particular I have liked. A vegetarian can eat here comfortably as well. Nice wine list, perhaps a bit slim on the more moderately priced bottles, but that is no surprise. This place draws a nice mix of locals and visitors and tends toward country club or business casual dress.

1  Thank K W

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Excellent Beef Tenderloin and Wine. The dessert was just ok, the pastry chef could have made flakier pastry. But this was a friendly good restaurant.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Park Cafe is consistently delicious with a creative menu and flavors that sometimes surprisingly go very well together! Great, cozy, but upscale atmosphere, perfect for romantic dinner or small group. Highly recommend! Get an appetizer, then split a salad (plenty to share) then go with the special that sounds best to you! Yum!

1  Thank chkirkpatrick
Reviewed May 14, 2012

After a first great experience here, we came back for graduation dinner. Still outstanding. Three in our party, all had appetizers and a main course, and everything was impeccable. Unlike last time when I was underwhelmed by the dessert, this time around the creme brulee folded inside some phylo dough was a real winner. Great service too. We came a half hour early and were told we'd have to wait for our table but only a couple of minutes later the maitre d' came back and seated us right away. Great advice from the sommelier as well. I don't give many five stars, this place deserves it.

1  Thank mix579
Reviewed February 16, 2012

WOW! Customer service was not neglected on probably one of the busiest nights of the year! Our waiter was wonderful! soooo attentive, the gentleman who took my reservation over the phone and greeted us at the door was wonderful! Jason was his name and I will recommend him and the staff at the park cafe over and over! Jason, noticed I was from the same area as him (New England) and we were instantly buddies! Jason saved us a WONDERFUL table in the back of the restaurant. The ambiance was wonderful. We got a bottle of wine which was great, Four Vines red zinfandel, and it went well with most of our food selections. The only one it didn't pair perfectly with was my fiance's scallops. No surprise there. The chef's ARE ARTISTS! The food combinations and meals they create are out of this world wonderful! This is a place you have to try!

I got the Brie appetizer with the maple almond Compote! OMG AMAZING
My fiance got a lamb and mushroom canneloni with goat cheese.
Wonderful.
The Salad I got was mixed greens, pears, candied pecans, and a ball of fried Goat Cheese! OMG I'm not a fan of goat cheese and this was amazing. A top on our favorites of the night. My fiance' loved it.
He got the other mixed green salad with bacon and goat cheese crumbles.

Entrees: My Fiance' got scallops with cheese gnocci, OMG My favorite! And I got the short ribs with mash potatoes and french green beans. Flavor was outstanding, but unfortunately it was ice cold. I didn't complain to the server because they had done so well all night long and I knew it was a long night for them and they did such a great job I didn't want to spoil it for the servers or the kitchen.

desert was great with a variety of flavors, a blueberry beignet, frangelico truffle, and a spin on a Neapolitan creme brulee, paired with an espresso with cocoa was AMAZING! I didn't even have to add sugar to my cappuccino it was made to perfection!

Jason, our server, the bartender, and the chef's make this a 5 star experience on one of the busiest nights for the food and beverage industry. I can't wait to go back and try their full menu!