“Great place to dine.”
Review of The Yellow Porch

The Yellow Porch
Reserve with OpenTable
The Yellow Porch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 2,129 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Iris
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I went to the Yellow Porch on the 11th of August, on a busy Saturday, for our Monthly Sister's night out (its 5 of us girls and we enjoy dining out) and was pleasantly surprised with courtesy and efficiency of the host and wait staff. As sisters sometimes do, we all arrived at different times and the waiter was just as courteous to the first one to arrive and the last one to arrive. We all declined the appetizers but had tons of questions about the food (Like what is a "haricot verd"...LOL and it explained that it was simply a "tiny green bean.") Each of us tried a different dish and sampled off each others plate. We were all thoroughly pleased with our dishes and the dessert was fantastic. Although I am not a particular fan of "tirasmasu" I had to admit it was quite tasty. We all agreed that we would love to come back again to this restaurant and I personally give it a "thumbs up." Great atmosphere and great food.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Found this little gem hidden away in Berry Hill. Parking is challenging, but well worth it. Best to go BEFORE the lunch hour hits - 11:30, to get a seat. It is small, quaint and absolutely exceptional. I had the steak quesadilla, tomato basil soup and sandwich. My friend had the pasta - all of it was filled with flavor, leaving me satisfied and happy to pay my bill and definitely return. I hear the bar scene in the evening is happening.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Came here for dinner and weren't disappointed! Staff was welcoming and lovely and the food was fabulous. We had the fried green tomatoes with crab - amazing. The vegetable lasagna was also delicious. The restaurant is very contemporary and the setting is warm and pleasant. We enjoyed the art exposed on the wall... Very tempting to buy one of the paintings to take home with us! Highly recommend this place. Various choices for vegetarians and pescetarians.

3  Thank Beth W
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I had the Salmon, which was perfectly seared and setting on top of roasted potatoes, greens, a few crayfish, and lobster butter. The flavors were perfect, and I've never had so moist a plate of salmon. My friend had the blackened shrimp, which had a unique custard grits base. The blackberry with lemon custard dessert was excellent. Great value, as you would expect $15-20 for an entree, but well worth it. These dishes compare to any fine restaurant. The setting is quaint with nice local artwork.

3  Thank AL1470
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

This was our first visit here. We found the waitstaff very friendly. They were very prompt in bringing drinks and bread. Our food arrived quickly. I had the sirloin steak salad. It was wonderful. My husband had the grilled chicken salad that was a special today. He finished every bite. Our total bill was only $22. I would say very reasonable for the amount of food we had. And it tasted wonderful! Cannot wait to come back and try dinner.

2  Thank radiopaque