“Not Excellent Due To Barking Dog”

Omni Nashville Hotel
Ranked #6 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Hotel very convenient, the concierge staff very personable, and particularly impressed by the personable valet staff. They remembered from one day to the next where I had gone sight seeing the previous day. Pricey to valet park ($30/day, plus tips every time I wanted the car, or get something from the car). Stay could have been excellent but we had a yapping dog on our floor - why would a hotel of this caliber allow a dog as a guest? Dog yapped constantly (but not when we were sleeping). Management apologized, and sent an apology gift up to the room, but a gift didn't help with the dog. Neither did a second complaint.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
OmniNashvilleHotel, Front Office Manager at Omni Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at Omni Nashville. I am so sorry that we did not resolve the issue with the barking dog. I do understand your frustrations and would like to make this up to you if I could. Please feel free to call us directly at 615-782-5300 and ask for the Front Office Manager on duty. Again, my sincere apologies.

There are newer reviews for Omni Nashville Hotel

Reviewed August 18, 2014

agree with almost everything positive said in the rest of these reviews. The only complaint would be noisy guests in the hallways that woke us in the late hours. Food was really good and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpfully.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed here for a bachelor party. The hotel is ideally located just a couple blocks off Broadway, so you can walk to the famous Honky Tonks, restaurants, bars, etc. The hotel is brand new and beautiful. Nice rooms and great amenities. The pool has a Vegas-like scene. Very good coffee shop in the lobby. There's also a bar/music venue called Barlines that is a great spot to start an evening and has a bunch of outdoor seating. The staff is professional and helpful. It is a terrific hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Ask for a City view room (of downtown)
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2014

....it's because it has earned it. Amazing staff, large comfortable guest rooms, great location to convention center (across the street), CMA Museum (same building), and the clubs (two blocks away). Why would anyone stay anywhere else?

My only critique is the lighting in the bathrooms. Didn't the hotel ask their mothers or wives to try to put their contacts in or apply their makeup?

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SamanthasDad
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This new hotel is nice, don't get me wrong. However it seems they spent all their time building the hotel and no time training hotel management. From the moment we walked in we were profiled and treated unfairly and rudely without explanation. Management and many of the front desk staff were downright nasty throughout our stay. We felt unwelcome and uncomfortable for the duration of our stay. The hotel is crawling with police officers looking to cause trouble. My experience was so bad that I will never stay at an Omni Hotel again. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Hilton if you want to stay downtown or the Gaylord outside of downtown, these places are top notch. The Omni is a disaster - you wont find any "Southern Hospitality" here.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Matt B
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We looked forward to our stays at an Omni but would not return to this one and we travel to Nashville on Business a couple times a year. Noise level in the rooms from the street and bands was bad - They should have installed better sound proofing.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My wife had a business conference and being retired I tagged along. Our reservations were made by her employer for the Omni Hotel in Nashville. We arrived and was immediately greeted by Tony one of the friendliest valets I have ever met. He quickly got us unloaded and valet parked the vehicle. Now valet parking at the Omni is not cheap and as an aside neither is the town of Nashville, but more on that later. We were quickly registered and taken to our room on the eighth floor looking south by the singing bellman. I have forgotten his name, but if you go ask for the singing bellman. Really quite a treat. Now about the room - spacious with a great view if you like urban blight and the view of strip club a few blocks away and what sounded like gunfire most of the night until around 10 pm. My wife commented that the bed there was the most comfortable bed she had ever slept in in a hotel. The bathroom was also spacious with a gorgeous shower with more than adequate water pressure. My wife had a meeting at 6:30 leaving me to my own devices. I went to place within the restaurant called "Barlines". I ordered my customary VT and looked at the menu settling on the Germantown Cobb Salad. When my order arrived I was surprised to see how large a salad it was with a surprise ingredient - fried chickpeas!. Salad was really good topped with a grilled chicken breast. As noted earlier it wasn't cheap - 20 bucks for one salad and one drink. Next day for lunch I ate at Kitchen Notes and had the Grilled Chicken Club Avocado Deviled Egg Salad Applewood Smoked Bacon Tomato Pleasant Ridge Reserve Cheese Bibb Griddled Country White bread. Quite a sandwich and only $12.00. Prices not with standing we had a great time, but be aware the traffic in Nashville is BAD!. Please note the Country Music Hall of Fame is a part of the Omni structure and located just steps from the front desk. Broadway is just blocks away also.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank edisto62
OmniNashvilleHotel, Front Office Manager at Omni Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff you encountered and your food and beverage experiences. The grilled chicken club is my favorite. We hope you have the opportunity to return to Nashville in the near future. Thank you again for your feedback and your business.