“Classy Southern Charm” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Classy Southern Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The newest addition to Nashville’s Luxury Hotel ensemble, the Omni Hotel, is a delight for all senses. I booked a room at the Omni for an anniversary weekend with high hopes for a special and memorable stay. From the moment we checked in, everything and everyone from the staff, to the accommodations, to the food exceeded my expectations.

Prior to our arrival, I had called ahead to see about getting an early check-in as part of my plan to surprise my husband. Somehow, this special occasion was communicated down the line as I was wished a “Happy Anniversary” from the friendly staff at the front desk when we arrived and later that evening with the turndown service, we discovered a bottle of champagne chilling in ice along with chocolate covered strawberries, compliments of the hotel.

The Omni has elevated Nashville’s traditional southern charm with sophisticated elegance in the hotel and room design. Our room had floor to ceiling windows overlooking the downtown area. The bed was extremely comfortable and had several large pillows, what I would call body pillows. Best of all, I heard absolutely no hall noise or noise from any of our neighbors during our stay.

We enjoyed breakfast at the Kitchen Notes where they served everything local like the dark clover honey and preserves on the breakfast buffet. That evening we had a delicious steak dinner in Bob’s Steak and Chop House. The steak was so tender I could cut it with my fork and the serving of “smashed potatoes” was so large that I shared it with my husband and still had leftovers.

I was tickled with the way the hotel weaved the Music City into even the smallest of details from the vinyl record place mats found at the Five & Tenn gift shop to the meal receipt at Kitchen Notes clipped to an old-fashioned wooden clothes line pin – just like the ones my mom used to hang our bed sheets out to dry in the summer.

Needless to say, our weekend was special and memorable. Staying at the Omni in Nashville made me proud of my Tennessee roots and as a home-town-gal, I am honored that Nashville has added a new member to its treasure chest of luxury hotels and one that has established a new stage on which to showcase classy southern charm.

Room Tip: Request one of the rooms on floors 14 - 21 for a great view of the city
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
Venice
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at the Omni in October, the property had only been open for 10 days we were their first conference of any size. Check in/out went smooth. Received my lesson in accessing the elevator which I appreciated the added security. Rooms were good size with plenty of plugs. View from our room and many others was amazing. Short walk to everything. Great food and entertainment in the hotel. My only negative was the way the banquets (food) were set up - but I think that is kind of a learning experience. It did get better as the days progressed.
Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: higher floors have great views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel was very nice and the staff was great! I wish they would improve the quality of food for room service and the staff needs to dust the rooms when they clean them. Other than that, it is a great place to stay and the location is awesome if you want to check out the Nashville night life.

Nashville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

You will have a GREAT night's sleep in their extremely comfortable bed Everything is within walking distance to provide a great weekend!! I was there for a conference across the street at the Music City Center. Very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were EXTREMELY satisfied with our stay and will be using Omni Nashville as our "go-to" hotel whenever we visit the city. It is BEAUTIFUL and everyone is so friendly and helpful. I was especially pleased that there was a gluten-free station at the brunch buffet at Kitchen, given that I have an allergy. We had a party of 22 from a wedding and the staff of the restaurant was so accommodating- service was amazing. Thank you for a wonderful stay, we will be back!!

Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

While some service was outstanding, it was not consistent. My wife found hair in the bed and dirty socks on the floor next to the dresser. The staff really worked to correct things. Service for breakfast was fabulous one day and not so good the next. Inconsistent. The room was noisy in that we could hear people in the hall and doors slamming. Beautiful facility they are working the kinks out. Overall staff was incredibly friendly.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Saint Louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

From the moment we walked through the door we were thrilled with our Omni Hotel experience. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were lovely and clean. The linens were wonderful, towels top notch. It's a short walk to Music Row and there is plenty to do within walking distance. We have already decided this is an annual visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends