“Awesome sushi”

PM
Ranked #418 of 2,031 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Bellmont/Hillsboro
Jackson, Mississippi
“Awesome sushi”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Along with daughter and my future son in law, we ate here for a second time (first was a year ago). Nice atmosphere and really good food.

Visited October 2012

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Fun Place for Lunch”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Neighborhood setting just across from Belmont University. We shared a wrap with delicious sauces and wonton chips. The soup had a kick in flavor but could have been a tad warmer. We will go again.

Visited September 2012
South Lake Tahoe, California
“A Classic”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I've eaten here at least 50 times. Its a solid bar/restaurant with a good choice of drinks and food. Burgers, sushi, desserts,wines, cocktails, etc. Just dont go if you're bag of douches. thanks.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank aliabrahimia
Nashville, Tennessee
“wouldn't go back”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Have eaten here twice, both with minimally courteous service. The last time, the rude hostess unfortunately was also our waitress. The burger was tasty and my husband's ngiri was fine, but who needs bad service?

• Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wow, this was some pretty bad food...”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

On a business trip to Nashville, I always try to do some research and hit the best spots. I'm a chef, and a restaurant-owner, trained, etc. Always look into what might be new and or great.

PM looked great on-line, and the reviews were good/great. So we drove way out of the way to stop by PM on a Saturday at about 2 pm.

Maybe the atmosphere changes, is better at night, but in the daylight it felt a lot like a well-worn bar, but still not bad, we were still OK with that. We actually sat at the bar, and again, maybe because it was an odd time of the day, felt a little un-welcome, like the bartender was busy getting ready for her shift.

We asked some questions about the menu - she was nice, but shrugged her shoulders several times, she had not had many of the items we asked about. "Everyone seems to like that", etc.

So we ordered 3 small plates:

Peking Duck Spring Rolls
Peanut-Fondue
Potato-Tofu Lettuce Wraps

All were not good. I mean NOT good. Spring rolls were greasy and duck (what little there was) was sour. Served with bottled hoisin sauce bottled sriracha

Peanut fondue was a joke - peanut/red curry sauce with grilled pieces of (stale) sandwich buns and fried tofu.

Lettuce wraps were almost inedible. Mushy potato, sweet potato and tofu cubes with a dash of spice and some romaine.

We were actually hungry but chose not to eat any of it after a bite or two.

Presentation was thoughtful, fairly impressive, but certainly did not come close to making up for the quality of the food (and clearly the thought/execution behind the food).

Yuck, is what we said when we left, and the more I think about it, the worse I feel about it.

Drinks were fine - I had white sangria which was ok, my friend had sake. Service was, as I said, a little uninterested, but not bad, and in fact at points, was good, and sometimes, our bartender was nice.

But I would not go back, would not recommend. In fact, on our way home we kept remarking on "how bad that food was".

Hope they can improve.