Tripadvisor
Nashville
2,317 results
All reviews ron sandifer free shuttle breakfast and dinner centennial park full kitchen shuttle service mile radius west end complimentary breakfast spacious rooms within miles front desk staff evening reception home away from home definitely stay here again indoor pool i highly recommend this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

From our arrival and valet parking to the front desk check in and staff throughout our stay, everything was perfect. Highly recommend this hotel if you're traveling with family. If you're staying on the Vanderbilt campus this is the place to be.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Tom J
PAnkuda, Assistant GM at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Tom J,

Thank you for staying with us at The Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt and for the positive feedback. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, valet, and staff. We take pride in hiring people for their genuine hospitality and personalities. Please don't be a stranger and hope this New Year of 2020 continues to treat you right,

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

So this hotel was pretty good, but also pretty overpriced. We paid over $500 for a 3 night stay, and usually I'd be okay with this. However, I'll list the pros and cons.

Pros: shuttle that will take you anywhere within 2 miles of downtown. They will NOT take you ANY where within 2 miles, just 2 miles within downtown. Basically where they will have stops. The customer service is amazing and top notch.

Sheldon, shout out to you, man. You made our anniversary wonderful from our first steps into the door.

The hotel is near many restaurants, convenience stores, and historical sights!

We stayed in a studio and it was a good size with basically a full kitchen. Full size freezer with ice maker inside as well, and that was perfect. Should you need some while it's making the ice, you can go downstairs and ask for some. They will fill a bag for you.

Now for the cons:
The breakfast is basically awful. Dont touch the eggs or the sausage, it made me super sick. The waffle maker was fine and did the trick for a quick and easy bite. Everything else, like milk and yogurt and such, wasnt kept cold (and I got there around 8am). So if breakfast is your go-to/fave, try somewhere else. This isnt the place.

The bed in the room is pretty bad. I have 4 bulging disks and I was in a lot of pain. My fiancé also woke up in pain a lot. The worst was when we found 2 bugs in our bed, both of which bit my fiancé and were full of blood. We prayed they werent bed bugs but I honestly cant say I dont think they werent.

There were quite a few late teens/early twenty somethings who stayed in the rooms down the hall and they partied pretty late. I mean...I used to do the same, so I dont fault them. Just an inconvenience. However, we brought our sound machine so that drowned out the noise.

All in all, this place isnt bad. It's good if you can get a decent price. But I dont see us ever staying there again just because of the old furniture, the bugs, and the subpar breakfast.

However, SUPER SHOUT OUT TO SHELDON! This guy, whenever he was working, just made our days better and kept us laughing.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelsey R

Kelsey R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are very sorry for all the issues you encountered. Your input is genuinely helpful, as it is the first step in identifying areas where we can better our guest services. I am glad Sheldon made an positive impact on your stay. Ever since we hired him he has made a positive impact on many guests with his great personality and hospitality. Please have safe travels and thank you again,

Reviewed January 17, 2020

I stayed for a week at this property. I had some unusual requests as part of my stay was for work and part personal. They did not flinch at the front desk when I asked to put certain charges on one bill and certain on another! In particular Shannon and Paul were very helpful and friendly. The valet, Taylor, was also very nice to deal with. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfasts were great! Well above many other hotels I have stayed at. The afternoon “snacks” and happy hour were fantastic. It was good enough to suffice as a dinner meal, and the wait staff kept your glasses full. I highly recommend this property, and I will be returning! Thank you Homewood Suites Vandy for such a great experience!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank nywxwitch
PAnkuda, Assistant GM at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

nywxwitch,

I can't wait to praise Shannon and Taylor with the kind words you had for them. Thank you so much for recognizing, Shannon, Taylor and I. They truly love their jobs by genuinely greets our guest with is heart. And they are such an asset to the team. Please have safe travels while you are away and we will see you soon. Thank you,

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Great place and value. Spacious rooms, very clean. I like the fact the rooms have a separate shower not a tub/shower. Free breakfast that is exceptional. Also evening social hour with nice selection of wine and food. Staff always greets you with a smile and acts like you are their only guest. Free shuttle will take you anywhere within 3 miles of hotel with no hassle. Valet is very convenient. Had a great attendant named Taylor. Friendly, funny and knowledgeable about the area.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jwohl123
PAnkuda, Assistant GM at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Jwohl123,

Thank thank thank for such kind words. I am so glad Taylor and the entire hotel was everything you needed. We will continue to strive for perfection and providing outrageous hospitality. Please enjoy the 2020 New Year and have safe travels while you are away and hope to see you soon,

Reviewed January 12, 2020

To start with, I was disappointed by the location but was then relieved to find they had a free shuttle into town on a regular basis. The hotel itself is modern with great amenities. Rooms are a nice size with good bathrooms. Staff are friendly right down to the valet parking staff who are pleasant to talk to while you wait delivery of your car. Unfortunately there are limited eating opportunities nearby but most likely you will eat in town.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Sandy H
PAnkuda, Assistant GM at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Sandy H,

Thank you for your comment about your recent stay with us. Sorry we didn't give you a broader selection of restaurants for you while you were here. I am glad you felt like you were at home from all the staff members. Thank you for staying with us and please have safe travels while you are away. We hope to see you next time,