“Love The Shuttle”

Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #5 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is not your ordinary Homewood Suites. The hotel is so beautiful from the outside as well as the inside. The staff at breakfast went out of their way to help. Even though the hotel was packed you would have never known it when you were on your floor. The shuttle provided by the hotel to local areas was the best amenity. It was always around and even took us to church and came back to get us when it was over. Hotel location is great, highly recommend walking across to Centennial Park to see Parthenon.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeanne L
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Hello Jeanne L.,

Your review has come at the perfect time to bring some much appreciated encouragement. We are simply elated to here that you had such a great experience here in Nashville. It sounds like you had the opportunity to do some exploring of the area. I am glad that our shuttle was able to help facilitate that. By the way, you are correct, the parthenon is breath taking. I had the opportunity to go visit the parthenon a couple of weeks ago. I am hoping that the next time you are here, you will have time to see it from the inside. The exhibits are great and the Athena statue is breath taking. I look forward to your visit. Let me know when you are coming so that I can see what I can do about getting you tickets to check out the inside of the Parthenon.

Yours in Service
Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,795)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great hotel all around. We especially loved the pillow top mattresses and exceptionally soft sheets. Wow. Pleasant views, really lovely staff, and a delicious breakfast buffet. Enjoy a walk around the Vanderbilt campus right across the street. Only downside is the daily parking fee.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello Ms. Patrice D.,

I am so pleased to hear that you had such an awesome experience here at our hotel. The beds are definitely one of my favorite things here as well. I have no clue how those sheets were made, but I absolutely love them. I am glad that you had the opportunity to venture across the street and experience Vanderbilt's illustrious campus. I hope that next time you are here, you can experience the Centennial Park. It has a trail that splits off three ways so you have a choice between 1, 2 or 3 miles. It also gives an amazing view of the Parthenon, and it is only a block away. We can't wait to see you again when you return to Nashville. We will continue looking forward to that day.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel and both times it was a wonderful stay! From the front desk staff to the vallet...everyone is extremly friendly and helpful. I love the fact that this hotel is new, clean and they have a free shutle service. During the week (Monday through Thursday) they have free breakfast and dinner/drinks in the afternoon. I love their pillows....very comfortable! We will defninitely stay here again when we visit Nashville.
Thanks,
Cindy

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for the view.

Cindy S.,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review of our hotel. We love the fact that after experiencing our property for the first time, you decided to come back. Our goal is to get better each time that you come. For that reason, we are always trying out different things so that we can better care for you in the future. That is why I am so happy to hear that you will be returning. I truly look forward to that trip. I guarantee the sheets and pillows will still be just as comfortable, but we intend to blow you away with even better service next trip. Please stop by and see me when you come. I would love the opportunity to greet and thank you in person.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is the first time I have stayed at a Homewood Suites Hotel and I would recommend this hotel without any reservations. Great staff, good food and great accommodations. The beds are incredibly comfortable. The staff is very personable and are genuinely glad you are there. Katie at the front desk was great in an unexpected stay over situation. Be prepared to pay for parking.

Room Tip: Choose a studio if you want one big room or a suite if you need two separate rooms with door in betw...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Hello Rick I.,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel to stay at. After reading your review, I can assure you that you have brought a smile to my face, and I will be sharing this review with the team. It is always encouraging when a guest tells us about how they felt the sincerity of the team. I can honestly say that we have a great team that loves to take care of people, so I am sure they will be equally encouraged by your words about our service. If you are ever in Nashville again, please stay with us again. We would love to take care of you again.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is a very nice place and we had absolutely no complaints. They are pet friendly which is why we chose this place to stay. Located close to numerous restaurants. Room was clean and the air conditioner was awesome. The staff was also great. No complaints

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Mr. Tim B.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. We are always more than excited to hear that our guests have had a memorable stay with us. Your dog is a part of your family, so we will always welcome him with open arms. If there were one thing that I wish we could change, we would have had more time to spend with you. Hopefully we will have that opportunity next time you are in town. If you have any questions or need anything, do not hesitate to give us a call. We would love to hear from you.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I'll start by admitting that I'm a clean freak and I was very impressed by this establishment. The beds were soft, the room was extremely quiet and the breakfast buffet was hot and nicely maintained. The location was exceptional for my needs (right across from Vanderbilt) which was a definite plus. The parking was a bit pricey, but that's to be expected near downtown Nashville. I'll definitely keep this one on my favorite list ...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Hello Border0531,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to tell the world about your great experience here. I must admit, I am happy to hear that we are on your favorites list. Hopefully we have the number 1 spot. If not, we still have work to do. We want to be your favorite hotel to visit, and your new home away from home. Please come back and visit us again. We always look forward to return guests, because we love it when they come in knowing what to expect. It gives us more of a challenge in finding ways to wow you even more. That is what we love to do. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We took a road trip down to Nashville from Wisconsin and wanted to stay somewhere that was nicer than average and still close to the hustle and bustle of downtown. What can I say, we loved it and wished we could have stayed longer!

We picked this hotel because of a positive experience at a Homewood Suites in Madison, WI. We enjoyed how the rooms where like studio apartments with a full size fridge and kitchen area. HSNV didn't disappoint at all. The room was spacious with a door separating the bedroom from the living room, which was nice when my husband wanted to stay up and watch TV and I went to bed. WIFI was a good speed once you connected and the best part was we had a ceiling fan in the bedroom! Basically this room was nicer than our apartment, we didn't want to leave.

They served breakfast and dinner while we were there. We only had dinner the first night we were there due to activities planned, but we had breakfast each morning and it was very good. I would suggest getting to breakfast or dinner early as it can get very busy and sometimes had to wait for them to bring out more of the main course (scrambled eggs, chicken for the fajitas, etc.)

What personally impressed me from our stay was the customer service! From the shuttle to the cleaning staff, they were so friendly and did an OUTSTANDING job keeping the hotel clean. We had a shuttle driver (don't remember his name, sorry!) who talked to us like we were friends of his. Nashville has to have the nicest people around, and HSNV represented the city well.

We were told that HSNV has some agreement with the VA hospital in Nashville to let people who are getting treatment and their families stay there. They apparently block off a large amount of rooms so that they can be nearby. I don't know much else about this, but it impressed me and I hope these Veterans get a good discount for their service to our country.

To someone reading this trying to figure out where to stay....we've never been to Nashville but figured this was close enough downtown. HSNV is obviously closer to Vanderbilt University, which made me feel safer that being close to downtown. You are walking distance to Centennial Park, which has the Parthenon (it's free to see!) and all college kids throw frisbees and soccer balls around. HSNV has a FREE shuttle that will take you downtown or to the Country Music HOF so do that instead of dealing with driving down there. As someone who is not into the bar scene (Broadway area) I really enjoyed this location.

1  Thank Kristin S

Hello Kristen S.,

Kristen, you have truly brightened my day. I sat here in the office reading this review aloud. One of my front desk agents was also in the room with me. We both really enjoyed your review. We laughed as we read it and smiled while we weren't laughing. We are more than pleased to hear that you had such an awesome experience, and we love the fact that we were able to contribute to you having an awesome first trip to Nashville. We hope that it will not be your last. We would love to host you again. You are a part of our family, and we look forward to the reunion.