“Great hotel for Vanderbilt visit”

Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #5 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have never been to Nashville before and was taking my son to visit Vanderbilt. I chose this based on location and reviews and it was awesome! First of all, it is within easy walking distance to campus. They also offer a shuttle to take you where you need to go, but after the first time, we knew our way around and just walked. The hotel is very new and the rooms are wonderful - big, modern, clean and the most comfortable hotel sheets I have ever had. Buffet breakfast included hot and cold items and was great to eat quickly (for us) or to lounge around. The staff were incredibly friendly. Both morning and evening staff chatted with us and remembered us when we returned. After our flight home was cancelled, we had to return for a second night. They were kind enough to upgrade our room when what we had the prior night was unavailable. We didn't see any of the other facilities like pool, exercise, etc. because we were busy on campus all day. Highly recommend! We will definitely stay here again if we go back to Nashville.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Hello C B.,

I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience here at our hotel. I hope that you had an equally great experience at Vanderbilt. After all, it is an awesome college, with great resources and a wonderful staff. I wish you all the best with those endeavors. I am very pleased to hear that you were able to connect with our staff while you were here. Since you have stayed with us, you are now a part of our family, and we truly look forward to reuniting with you on a future trip to Nashville (maybe for orientation). Whatever the case, we definitely hope that you will come back and stay with us again. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Will definitely stay here again. Best staff, overall, I've ever experienced. Parking costs add to the rate but that's true of any hotel in this area. Great value as breakfast and dinner are included in the rate Monday-Thursday.

• Stayed: March 2014

Hello JDW Jr.,

I am so happy to hear that you took such a liking to our hotel. I am even more excited that you plan to come stay with us again. Our team takes great pride in interacting with our guests and building relationships. It appears that you were able to experience that, and I am truly excited about that. Because you said that you will stay with us again, I look forward to seeing you when you return. Please stop by and ask for me. I would love to meet you in person when you return.

Happy to Serve,

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at The Homewood Suites for our anniversary and our overall stay was pretty good. It was in a great location-next to Vanderbilt and downtown Nashville was within the shuttle range of 2 miles. Everyone from the valets, to the housekeepers, the breakfast and dinner employees, all the way to the Asst. GM Tim. My only complaint is Katie from the front desk. She seems very fake and juvenile. She's not a manager, but her attitude makes her seem
as though she is important. She kept putting me on hold while I was trying to check in to talk to a guest on the phone, and I was standing right in front of her. I would highly recommend that you deal with another front desk agent if you have to deal with the front desk. The only reason I'm writing a review is because Katie asked if I would write one when I checked out. Other than that, it was a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2014
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hello Tennessee Trave,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Nashville. I am happy to hear that you had an overall good experience with us. I am a little troubled by your experince with Katie at the front desk. I will be taking some time out with her and the rest of the team to talk about our approach and the way that we come off to other people. Jeff Charo, the general manager of our property, was just talking about this the other day. I can assure you that he and I have the same mentality when it comes down to taking care of our guests. We share the common belief that if we cannot provide an exceptional experience, and do it with a smile, then we are in the wrong industry. That is the attitude that all of our team members shouold share. I hope that you will come back and see us when you are in the Nashville area again. We definitely look forward to showing you an even greater experience than your last.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is the first time I stay at Homewood suites in Nashville. It was recommended by a friend of mine because it was newly built and the price was much better than other hotels near by. I am happy I pick this hotel. The location is next to Centennial park where I can go to exercise outdoor. This hotel has a fitness center right on 3rd floor as well. I highly recommend this hotel if you visit Nashville on your next trip

2  Thank Minh T

Hello Minh T.,

I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay here. You are absolutely correct. Being so close to Centennial Park is a wonderful benefit. Not only can you get a good work out there, but you also get to take in the beautiful Parthenon while you are there. That is my absolute favorite park in Nashville. I hope that you will come and stay with us again if you ever return to Nashville. We would love to see you and perhaps give you some other sites to take in while you are here. Thank you again for your wonderful review of our property.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel is very new and well equipped. Also very close to downtown, Vanderbilt university, The Parthenon and other cool places. During my checking for a long term stay we had an agreement with the General Manager that the parking fee would be complimentary. After some days I requested a partial statement of my bill and surprisingly they were charging it since the first day. I've raised 3 complains on the front desk with no resolution, after that I raised another complaint on HHonnors Customer Service, also without any success. Only during the check out I was able to revert that charge because I told that I would pay that as it wasn't what we agreed since the first day. After complaining a lot they reverted the charges with a very bad looking on me. This is one of the reasons why I never stay at Hillton Hotels, the Marriott has a much better service, pricing and, customer experience.

3  Thank sohvei
Jeff C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Sohvei,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback during your last visit to our hotel. It is so valuable to our team, as we strive to be the best hotel in Nashville. Opening a hotel does present its share of challenges. We have been working on a system to ensure the parking charges are posted correctly every night. I am sad to hear you will not be back in the Nashville anytime soon, if you are please reach out to me. Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my message and safe travels. Jeff Charo

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is a great place to stay for any reason near downtown Nashville. Great price, staff, amenities, and the breakfast and dinners are very nice daily. I highly recommend Homewood Suites if you are looking for a nice place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shirley W

Hello Ms. Shirley W.,

I would like to start by thanking you for that stellar recommendation that you provided our hotel. We are so happy that you chose our hotel. We realize that there are hundreds of hotels in the Nashville area, however, you chose us and we are eternally grateful for that. I hope that you will come stay with us again if you are ever in the Nashville area. We would love to take care of you again.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Everything was neat and clean! The only downside to the facitilty is having to pay an extra parking fee of $23 per night to self park. Breakfast was great and so was the attitudes of all employees! I would recommend to anyone traveling. Shuttle service that will run within a 2 mile radius makes for easy access into downtown Nashville.

1  Thank Jeffrey D

Greetings Mr. Jeffrey D.,

I just wanted to thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Nashville. Our goal everyday, is to do better and be better than we were the day before. We take that commitment very seriously, especially when it comes to providing service to our guests. I am so happy that you were able to benefit from that. However, that means, that we need for you to come back and stay with us again, so that we can see if we can give you an even greater experience next visit. I would love to meet you when you return. Again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your recent trip.

Timothy Horne,