“Craig is the tops”

Ranked #4 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Los Angeles, California
“Craig is the tops”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

First time in this hotel. It just opened in October. Two nights here and staff is very accommodating. Craig is fantastic. Went out of his way to make sure my stay was fabulous. Watched him with other guests too and he epitomizes excellence in customer service. I travel all the time and barely remember any names...but Craig is the exception. I'll be back !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Hello Gtravels28,

I would like to thank you for your kind words concerning Craig. He is our newest team member here, but he does work very hard to take care of our guests. I too have watched him interact with guests, and I know that he does everything with a sincere heart. I am really happy that you had a great stay with us. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again when you are back in town.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Excellent --Homewood Suites by Hilton™ is designed to help you be at home on the road. You get all the comfort, convenience and privacy you're used to at home — for the price of a standard hotel room. You'll appreciate our focus on building a community within the hotel. You can easily find a place to be at home, whether you're traveling for business or leisure.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for these kind words.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Loud noises coming from outside and or another room all night long, reported this & nothing was done. There wasn't another hotel available near by to go to. Here is my personal phone # 423-307--3377, feel free to call me & I will be glad to share my experience with you, that's how dissatisfied I am with this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cally A, General Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Terrible Experience,

I would like to start off by apologizing for the sleepless night you had here at our hotel. We are very sorry and would like to get a little more information and would like to make this right with you. I have tried to call the phone number that you listed in the review several times, but there is no answer and the recording says that no voice mail has been set up, so I have been unable to reach you or to leave you a message. I would like to invite you to please give me a call so that your concerns can be addressed and so that we may take proper care of you. Our intentions are that no guest ever leaves our hotel dissatisfied and I am very sorry that you were disappointed. Please give myself or my Assistant Tim a call back - we'd really like to speak with you.

Cally Alumbaugh
Henderson, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were in town for a family members surgery at Vanderbilt Medical Center. Though we only stayed one night the accommodations we beyond my expectations. The staff was very kind and the place was very clean. I would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Ms. Melissa K,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks concerning our hotel. With us being in the area that we are in, we have an awesome opportunity to meet lots of people headed to Vanderbilt Hospital. We really understand that with that kind of base, it is important that we try to be in tune with our guests because we never know what is going on at the hospital. I am hopeful that your appointment went well. I am definitely happy that you will be coming back to see us when you are back in Nashville. Please come see me when you do. I would love to talk to you again.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The entire staff went out of their way to show us top notch hospitality! Beds were great. Front dest very knowledgeable about the city. We stayed 4 nights as a family of 7. We were comfortable. Pool was clean. Great work out room. We will stay here again!! Highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It sounds as if you had a great stay and I am extremely happy about that. It is always our main goal to take care of our guests in a way that they will go home with stories of great customer service and love flowing from our team members. I truly hope that was your experience. I am very happy to hear that you will stay with us again when you return to Nashville. We will be looking forward to seeing you and taking care of you again when you arrive.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed here for an overnight visit to customers in the surronding area and had been traveling for 14 hours via air and car. Upon arrival the finishing touch constuction of pressure washing the cobblestone drive entrance way made me think I would be walking into a construction zone and unprepared new staffing. This was not the case whatsoever! Once I stepped inside the lobby was extremely clean and had a warm reception feel to it. Sarah at the front desk welcomed me and informed me of the managers reception lasting another 45 minutes with beer, wine, and light bites. She also quickly recognized I made a mistake in making my reservation for the night prior. What could have been a disastrous situation was handled quickly, professionally, and as painless as possible. The manager Cally was readily available to give Sarah the guidance and approvals she needed to solve my mistake and I was quickly issued a room key. Everything was seemless and was very welcomed after a long day of travel.

The rooms are immaculate and more then what I needed for a nights stay, but would be a welcome sight if I was staying for a few nights. The half kitchen was a fully stocked with glassware and dishes if needed and presented more comforts away from home anyone could expect.

I walked less then a mile to dine at J.Alexanders for a wonderful meal and was able to walk through the Parthanon replica park on the way back.

When my travels bring me back to Nashville, I will be staying at this location again without a doubt.

Dear Mr. Joseph K.

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. I am very excited that we were able to turn your perspective around on our hotel. I too, would have probably assumed the worst with the pressure washers outside getting things together. I'm glad that Sarah was there to put your mind at ease and to grant you the kind of hospitality that we promote here at the Homewood. She is truly an asset to our team. I would say that I will share your kind words with her, but she reads the reviews just as much as I do. I'm sure that any day now, I will be hearing from her about this nice person on Trip Advisor that mentioned her name. She takes a great deal of pride in her work, because she truly does love "her guests". I hope that if you find yourself in Nashville again, that you will stop in and stay with us. We are eager to meet and exceed your expectations once again.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here right after their opening. Had the great pleasure of being assistant by Mr. Gavin Hill. Wow!! What an amazing addition to any company. He immediately made me feel welcomed and appreciated us staying there. Was eager to do anything to make sure our stay was flawless. The hotel is beautiful and very nice, but Gavin made our trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Bob,

Thank you for writing this review. I want you to know that you are absolutely correct. Gavin is a huge asset to our hotel. I can honestly say that he lives to serve and make people smile. Even on those days when I am not doing well, he reminds me what we are goals are and keeps me focused. I am extremely grateful to you for giving him the kudos that he deserves. I hope that if you are ever in Nashville, you will come back and stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you again.