“Great for groups and long stays”

Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #4 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great for groups and long stays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Our company occupied 88 rooms in this Homewood Suites for two weeks. Our team was extremely happy with the clean, spacious, and comfortable rooms (loved the kitchettes) and we enjoyed the daily breakfasts and weekday evening meals. The most talked about item was the heavenly bedding! The hotel was very accommodating to all of our requests. The management and front desk staff were courteous and helpful as was the valet staff. I highly recommend this hotel for business and groups.

Room Tip: Ask for the oversized queen room. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for letting us know what you thought of our hotel. I really miss your group. When I was reading this review, I instantly started smiling because I knew right away which group this was. I miss you all so much. With you all here for as long as you were, we really had time to develop really good relationships. I can assure you that the team misses you all as well. I can not wait for you all to come and try us out again. Hopefully we will see you all sooner than later. Again I would like to thank you for your kind words and for entrusting us with your stay.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend and had an amazing time. This hotel is conveniently located close to Broadway, the Gulch and other neat areas of Nashville. Less than 10 minutes to any destiantion. The hotel was in excellent condition and offer top notch service from check in to check out. We have stayed at other hotels closer to Broadway in the past, but for all future trips we will be staying at this location!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Sarah,

I am really excited about this review. Thank you for taking the time to write it. I am glad that everything went well with your getaway weekend. If anyone understands the importance of a getaway weekend, I do. It is always a great experience to get out and see something new that you don't see all the time. I am extremely grateful that you gave us the opportunity to host your trip.

I am also very happy to hear that you will be coming back. When you visit us again, ask for me. I would love to meet you in person and add my little touch to your stay. I look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you again for your kind words concerning our team and our hotel.

Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Breakfast area was very nice and comfortable versus others that can feel cramped. Staff at front desk were very friendly and helpful. Shuttle service to local area made getting to morning meetings very convenient.

Megan,

I would like to start off by thanking you for giving us the pleasure of serving you during your recent trip to Nashville. That is not something that we take lightly. I would like to further thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback concerning that stay.

I am really grateful for the fact that you had a great experience with us. It sounds like everything went well, and that is what we shoot for. I do hope that if you return to Nashville that you will stay with us again so that we can try to wow you again with great service and a beautiful hotel.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I recently visited Nashville for a long weekend and booked this hotel just a week before our stay. Booking over the phone was pleasant, I was informed of all details concerning my room, check-in/out procedures, parking accommodations, etc...I was informed this was a new hotel and of its location via landmarks should GPS not be able to locate. Upon arrival we were courteously met and showed in to the lobby. All staff we met were courteous and helpful. Room was very spacious for it's price, clean / fresh smelling when we entered. As noted in other reviews it contains a decent kitchenette with all necessary supplies should one need to stay more than a few days needing refrigeration or cooking. There was more than adequate bathroom items which itself was a nice size. The closet was adequate with a decent iron. The only item I did not find was an in room safe. I like to lock items when traveling however we did drive this trip so we took our valuables with us during the day. Internet was free with room and enough to stream short news videos and never once kicked us off on normal browsing. Our room was quiet at night (7th floor), only normal city noise heard (cars, 1 siren). We were the first room near elevator, however given the layout we were far enough away we never heard it. The blinds were more than adequate to block out light during day and night.

I did use the business center for some printing, this was easily accessible, no wait (7am), and I was able to print my documents successfully in color.

The breakfast was actually good for a free hotel meal. The normal coffee, bagels, pastries, and fruit/yogurt selection along with cooked eggs, bacon, waffles (I waited 1.5 min @ 730am), and other various items.

Located across the street from Vanderbilt, easy access to I-40 & I-65, and less than 2 miles from the downtown area. As I noted we drove around town but we were informed (and saw regularly) the shuttle which I believe went in a 5 mile radius from hotel. We saw several pets being taken in and out on walks, no smells of pets inside though. We are pet people ourselves so it did not bother us so no direct issues/encounters with pets on property.

Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CHRIS S
Chris,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. It is always good to hear how our guests feel we are doing. I often ask guests to come by and see me, because if we don't hear from the guests, then we never know where we stand.

From reading your review, it sounds like you had a very pleasant trip. That is absolutely awesome. I love the detail that you provided in your description of your trip. I really wish you could have seen the smiles that radiated from the faces on my staff's faces when I read this review to them.

I truly hope that you will stay with us again if you find yourself in the Nashville area. We will be here with smiles waiting to receive you.

With Thanks

Timothy Horne,
Frisco, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

It is a new hotel with great amenities and a very convenient location. The beds are extremely comfortable. The staff is pleasant and helpful. There is a shuttle that can take you short distances from the hotel- that is very convenient.

Michelle,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are extremely excited about your feedback. We have been working really hard at taking the extra steps to show our guests how appreciative we are for them and thinking of new ways to wow our guests. I'm happy to hear that our work has not been in vain. If you find yourself in Nashville again, please come back and see us so that we can show you even greater service. Afterall, we are pushing to be the very best hosts in Nashville. In closing, I would like to thank you again for your feedback and for choosing us as your host hotel while you were in Nashville.

Timothy Horne,
Dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during the opening of the hotel. The customer service was AWFUL!!!! The fire alarm went off at 8:00am I was told it was a test alarm. There were housekeepers who came into my room unannounced on 2 different occasions and not in uniform... Scared my family we thought someone was breaking into our room. Also had the Internet/cable people come to the room @ 8:00 am in the morning indicating they needed to check the service. I was charged for 2 nights parking that I did not use. One day housekeeping did not clean the room when I requested service. You ask why I didn't leave if the service was bad. I was there due to a family member being hospitalized and its was walking distance to the hospital. When I complained I was informed that the hotel was in a soft opening. The icing on the cake was my friend who made the reservation on my behalf credit card was charged my full visit although my card was provided when I checked in. It took over 7 business days for her account to be credited. The hotel was nice because its a brand new construction however please make sure that they are not in a soft opening. I would have thought because they were a Vanderbilt property and in a new opening that service would have been excellent. The GM was not very professional and gave excuses for the poor service instead of offering to help. In fairness I did have an employee from another Hilton who was present who heard my complaints, apologized and handled things in a very professional manner. The hotel was very nice it is my hope that the customer service will improve and that the employees will be taught that good customer service and ensuring that your customers-are paying guest that outweighs anything.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Gotowork04
Cally A, General Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. Let me start again by apologizing for the multitude of mishaps that occurred during your six night visit.

Our hotel did in fact open earlier than it probably should have, due to a commitment we had made earlier in the year to a group of people. Because of the situation, many projects, which you mentioned above, were in their final stages of completion. We are truly sorry for the experience you had and as part of our Suite Assurance Guarantee were more than happy to refund the cost of your entire six night stay.

Please know that although we are not there yet, in the last few weeks, we have made great strides towards our goal of becoming the first choice for travelers to Nashville when they look for outstanding service and exceptional quality. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Cally Alumbaugh
Homewood Suites Vanderbilt
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a new property. The rooms are clean, modern, spacious, and include a small kitchenette. They offer a free breakfast in the morning, which could have been quite nice, but the wait for the waffle machine was crazy long and they kept running out of bacon before I could get any. I ended up just having cereal. Internet in the hotel is free. The location is ideal if you are visiting Vanderbilt. This isn't a 5-star property, but great for what it is. I booked through hotels.com and paid under 100usd. What a deal! I would definitely stay there again. Parking is 23 used a day.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Allie,

Than you so much for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us. We are extremely happy that you chose our hotel, and we are even more excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do sincerely apologize for the wait on the waffle machines and the bacon running out. There are some kinks we are still working through, but I am glad to tell you that we are getting better every day. I truly hope that if you are in Nashville again, that you will stay with us. While here, feel free to stop by and see me. I would love to hear from you how you feel we have improved since your last stay. After all, our goal is to wow every guest, every day.

With Thanks,