“Great New Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Milton, United States
“Great New Hotel”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Arrived during the hotel's opening week. A great location across from the Vanderbilt campus. Our two bedroom suite was very nice -- comfortable beds, larger than average bedrooms, and a spacious living room / mini-kitchen. Overall, we were very happy with this hotel - a few "opening" week fumbles, but it'll be a great hotel once they work out the kinks!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Andrew,

As always, I would like to start out by thanking you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on our hotel. I understand that there are many other things that you could have been doing, but you chose to let us know what you thought of us, and we are thankful. I am definitely elated that you had such a great stay with us. I am actually smiling right now, because you were one of our original guests, and it says a lot to me that you thought so highly of us. That is always exciting. I would like you to know that we are now almost a month in, and we have fixed a lot of the kinks that come with a new hotel. However, we realize that the work does not stop there. We will continue to work on making this hotel the greatest hotel here in Nashville. When we reach that mark, we will work even harder to maintain that mark. We are not doing it so that we can brag on how great we are. We simply want the best for our guests. With that said, we definitely hope that you will come back and stay with us again. When you do, stop in and ask for me. i would love to talk with you further to see how we improved from your last visit to your next. I also welcome any constructive criticism or suggestions on how we can achieve that next level of excellence.

Striving for Perfection

Nashville, TN 37203

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very nice and clean hotel. Tastefully decorated. Huge Pool. Excellent location near Vanderbilt with great restaurants in the area. Near the park and the sports complex. Just minutes from downtown and airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Hello,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. As a part of the management team here, I can tell you that we are really grateful for your feedback. We always want to hear what the guests have to say, because if we are not taking care of the guests, then there is no reason to be here. With that being said, I am glad to see that you were impressed with our property and our service. I can assure you that we have fantastic owners who pride themselves on delivery a high quality product to our guests. I will definitely pass on your kind words to them as well, because they worked tirelessly with the contractors so that we could deliver a hotel that our guests could be proud of. Again I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we definitely hope that you will come stay with us again.

Delivering Quality and Love,

Knoxville, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is brand new and very nice. The staff greeted me and my check in time was under 3 minutes. The hotel is walking distance to many restaurants/bars. The inside of the hotel was very clean and rooms were quite and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Todd,

I would like to thank you for your kind words concerning your stay with us. It is extremely important to me to hear what our guests are saying about us. I am certainly excited that your comments show that you had a great time here in Nashville and with us. I would definitely like to invite you back to stay with us again if you are in the Nashville area. Why? Simply because we would love the opportunity to wow you again. If We can be of service in any way, please don't hesitate to give us a call. We look forward to seeing you again.

Yours In Service,

Naperville, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was double billed for a room that was canceled. I was told be the hotel that I would not be billed, yet I was and no one is able to help. The hotel was new and shouldn't have opened yet until they trained their staff. This is the worst Hilton property I have encounterd in the last 20 years of travel.

1 Thank Joy Z
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hello Ms. Joy,

I wanted to start out by thanking you for staying with us while you were here in Nashville. I would also like to thank you for taking the time out to fill out this review on our hotel. It is very important to us to know, not only the good, but the bad that occurs with our hotel. It is only through that feedback that we can improve and fix the problems that we are facing.

As I read through your review, I was severely disheartened to find out that you had a less than perfect stay with us. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further so that I can find out what went wrong with your billing so that we can get the situation fixed. It is never our intention to double bill anyone, or to have anyone pay for something that they do not need. I have not yet heard about your situation, but I would love it if you would give me a call personally so that I can figure out what went wrong, and resolve the situation from there. My phone number is listed below.

Again, I would like to thank you for your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Office (615) 340-8000 ext. 558
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We are working on the road and living in hotels for 18 months. We've stayed at some very nice hotels along the way, but the sheets here are the most comfortable we've had thus far. Two different types of pillows are provided (soft and foamy and a much more comfortable, high end, down stuffed firm).

We are about half way through a two week stay at this brand new hotel and have virtually no complaints.

Kind staff.

Bedding is great!

All rooms are spacious suites which include a kitchen with dishwasher, full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishes, glasses, pot, pans, etc.

We don't require housekeeping each day, but the housekeeping staff is kind enough to leave a bag of fresh towels, soap, shampoo, dishwasher detergent at our door each day.

They serve a surprisingly good dinner Monday through Thursday - at no charge.

Free breakfast is served daily.

Many restaurants nearby.

Very nice neighborhood.

Free and fast WIFI.

Gym is well equipped.

Our only complaints include the additional cost of parking (we found free parking only two blocks away) and that the windows in the suites do not open. There is a couch in the living room, but it would be nice if a comfortable sitting chair was also included. Very little soundproofing provided by the bathroom door (not a lot of privacy when using the restroom as the bed is located nearby. Lastly, the thermostat in the room is somewhat temperamental. Very small issues.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay here. I am elated that your stay seems to be going so well. As you know, we take great pride in doing all that we can to make sure that our guests are taken care of every step of the way.

It is my hope that everyday that you stay with us, that the service will continue to get better and better. If there is anything that I can do to make this stay better for you, please do not hesitate to come down stairs or call me, so that I can take care of it.

Again I would like to thank you for your time in filling out this review on our hotel. We are eternally grateful to you, for choosing us to be your host.

Johnson City, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We are grateful for such a quality and upscale hotel that allowed us to bring our lab with us during a stressful family time. The staff were always courteous and friendly. The services provided by the hotel were exceptional. The location close to the hospital and close to a beautiful park made the stay even nicer. Thank you for everything.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Ms. Anita W.,

I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to respond to this review. I was under the impression that I had responded until i just looked back through all of our reviews. I am extremely happy to hear that we were able to make your experience a little bit better here in Nashville. I truly hope that everything went well at the hospital. Your lab will always be welcomed here. As a pet owner myself, I understand that our animals are a part of our family. Here at Homewood, we like to bring families together. So feel free to come back and stay with us anytime. In the meantime, say hi to your dog for me, and we hope to see you soon.

Atlanta
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The main lobby and room layouts are amazing! Very comfortable place to stay, even for a clean freak like myself :) Rooms have everything you could want I.E. high quality Samsung flatscreen, floor to ceiling walk-in shower, sitting area, not to mention the kitchen has a 2 burner cooktop, a full size fridge and even a full size dishwasher.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello

Thank you so much for taking a moment out to tell the world about our hotel. We are truly honored that you thought so highly of our hotel and the amenities that we offer. As the newest hotel in Nashville, we are very eager to hear what our guests have to say concerning our hotel. I am extremely excited by your kind words. If you are ever in the Nashville area again, please come stay with us again so that we can continue to wow you with service and with our amenities.

Homewood Suites at Vanderbilt