“Fresh fare”

Cuisines: Diner
Nashville
“Fresh fare”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Enjoyed a dinner meal with extended family. Not a fancy place, but good fresh food, made to order. Service was not speedy and the ambiance is kinda dark, but quaint. Good location off West End for Vanderbilt students.

Visited May 2013

“Always tasty, always reasonably priced”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

From their chicken to their salads to the veggies & sides, there is nothing we don't like here. The ingredients are always fresh, the service always efficient and the price always right. Our faves include the Jerk style chicken, the Lucayan Salad, the Black Bean salad & the callaloo

Visited January 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“BUGS!!! I'M GONNA MISS CALYPSO”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I soooo didn't want to ever write this review because I truly ate at this Calypso Cafe weekly for a very long time. Mind you, I had 1 bad experience to countless wonderful experience but this one BAD experience was enough to scare me away. I was seated to have lunch last week and prepared to order my normal pulled chicken plate when a roach (yes, a ROACH) ran across the wall just above my table. Needless to say, I did not order but left the restaurant completely grossed out! As I said, I hate to write this but I would appreciate knowing something like this if I were traveling and searching YELP. A side note that when an employee was approached about it they said they had "sprayed this week". I think this location has gone downhill in the cleanliness department. I won't return.

• Visited August 2012
Nashville
“mon, its healthy food too”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

good value good food but i DO NOT like the boca muffins so they allow me to get something else...so mon ez peasey to get on with

Visited May 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Just a meal for lunch”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The food is basic and slightly edgy. The value is great, the atmosphere is cold and empty. Utilitarian would be a great description of the restaurant.

Visited April 2012