“Pickles and Cornbread and Slaw, oh my!”
Review of Cock of The Walk

Cock of The Walk
Ranked #174 of 2,109 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

What can I say, I am a connoisseur of fried pickles, and Cock of the Walk has the best I have ever eaten! The batter is thin and crispy, the dill slices themselves are sliced very thin, it is simply the perfect little salty bite. The cornbread is sweet, but not too sweet, and the coleslaw is among the best I have even eaten, served family style in an ice cold aluminum bucket. I had a steak and onion rings which were both very good, my wife and mil had shrimp and fries and both said they were a little "stingy" with the shrimp, all in all it was a very positive experience and we will definitely be going back next time we are in music city!!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went here on vacation and been numerous places in our travels but this one stuck out. Good food for a good value. Might want it to be better lighting but oh my food was good. Strongly recommend the catfish.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The unusual name is what drew us to this. My girlfriend enjoyed her filet mignon & I thought the catfish was decent. Its a rustic type restaurant. The portions on the entrees were generous & we used a coupon for a free fried pickles appetizer. Not a bad representation of southern cuisine.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We pass through, or visit Nashville several times yearly, and ALWAYS plan our
time in Nashville to include dinner at Cock of The Walk .
If you are a catfish lover (farm raised), you will never find a better place to eat.
Our first visit was at least 20 years ago, and it was a lively, festive place
with energetic and outgoing servers, and you could always expect to be placed
on a waiting list for seating. It has lost some of the old atmospheric luster, and
the crowds seem to be much smaller, but fortunately the quality of food and
service have not diminished. It is conveniently located on the frontage road
that parallels Briley Parkway near the famous Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills
Shopping Center.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Looking for catfish in Nashville. Since it was very close to the hotel, we decided on Cock of the Walk. Set in a Victorian style mansion, we walked in and were immediately greeted and seated, our drinks came out instantly, and the food was incredible. Simple menu, simple sides. (you get flat bread, picked onions and coleslaw. period) Entree's are served with fries and I had hush puppies that were done Soooo right with the catfish. Service was very fast, and prices were well within reason. A great place for dinner.

1  Thank robert w