“Hidden Jem”

Asahi Japanese Sushi Bar
Ranked #602 of 2,084 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We have been visiting Asahi for years and it is our favorite around Nashville. It is usually not too crowded, so we can get in and don't have to wait forever to eat. There is only one sushi chef, the owner. He takes pride in his work and is a really nice guy. He remembers customers and always greets them when they walk in the door. We love the spicy scallop and volcano rolls. It isn't overly priced or pretentious, which is another reason we like it. Good sushi at a reasonable price-what more can you ask for? Give it a try-you will be glad you did.

There are newer reviews for Asahi Japanese Sushi Bar

Reviewed September 6, 2011

One of my all time favorite sushi joints. Chef Luke is a great guy and a master at sushi.

Reviewed August 4, 2009

My husband and I really loved this place! My husband ordered special rolls, I ordered a combination, and both were wonderful and very well priced. It's fun watching the chef putting everything together.

Reviewed February 27, 2009

This small Japanese sushi restaurant offers a good variety of fresh sushi. The chef also makes up other things not on the menu. They also offer sake and Japanese beer. You can sit at a table or at the sushi bar and watch the chef make your dinner. The goza is good as are all the appetizers we have had. They offer some other options besides sushi but I've never got to try those. The place is clean and reminds me of some of the neighborhood sushi places in Japan. Good simple atmosphere, quiet, an easy place to have a leisurely meal. The staff is attentive and friendly.