“Great surprise”

Raz'z Jazz Bar & Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great restaurant great music too. What a surprise. We were not expecting such a great meal and outstanding service. Great Cajun too. Which is unusual out side New Orleans. Good variety of food and everything is fresh made. Even the bread. The music was enjoyable during the meal. Not too loud and musicians were great loved this place

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The desk clerk at the HIE recommended this out of all the restaurants on a list he provided. We arrived shortly after 6 and got seated immediately. However, we had forgotten it was Valentines Day (we were traveling) so the place quickly filled, with many people waiting in line. A duo of a vocalist & keyboard player were performing & they were very loud & people were trying to talk over them, so it by no means a peaceful atmosphere. service was a bit slow at first, but the place was packed. It got better. Our food choices were very good. Overall, a good place.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Wonderful restaurant with live lite jazz music sax, trumpet and jazz flute set the mood for the best food in the city. Prime rib is a must, great crust and full of flavor. You do not need the au jus or horseradish but are there for you. Was not fatty but lean well marbled beef trimmed nicely. Cajun dishes were better than I've eaten in the French Quarter. The owner is the Chef and it shows!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have to start by saying that my review is not based on the quality of Raz'z food. After experiencing a string of disappointing events from the start, we didn't bother to stick around for dinner-no matter how fabulous the Neely's claimed the Jambalaya to be. I thought it would be a nice place for my husband and I to enjoy a dinner date, as we were in Nash for 1 night on our way to Ky. The MOST important thing that is missing from Razz'z Jazz Bar and Grill is the JAZZ! We came in at around 8:30pm on a friday night...no band, not even a sound system was playing in the background. When I asked about it I was told that "they're on the way". We were seated on the patio and we immediately noticed how dingy and unkept the place is. As my husband sat there inspecting the place and commenting on chipped paint, dirty salt -n-pepper shakers, and crusty utensils, I overheard another patron asking about the jazz as well. So I wasn't the only one who came to Raz'z with certain expectations. We contemplated leaving, but decided to give it a chance anyway. I asked our server for sparkling water...she seemed confused and offered me "regular" water. While my husband ordered his drink, I quickly glanced over the menu and found that Pellegrino was listed. So I ordered the Pellegrino, and she returned with a glass of watery flattened coke for my husband, and a "regular" glass of water for me. She also brought out 2 rolls...exactly one for each of us. I had eaten both rolls, and my husband mentioned that he didn't want any so she offered to bring me more while we waited for our jambalaya. When she retuned with my 1 single roll for me, I asked if she could turn the channel from the infomercial that was blaring from the TV and was told that she had to ask the manager. A few minutes later, the manager came and looked at the TV and walked away again with the infomercial still playing, never looking in our direction. At this point, we pulled out our smart phones and started researching other dining options in the Nashville area. On our way out, we noticed that the band had finally arrived...2 musicians were there tuning a sax and setting up a keyboard, but all hopes of a "jazzy" dining experience in Nash had been squashed for us. It seemed that the entire staff was genuinely saddened and sorta stunned that we were leaving. Two or three waitstaff, the hostesses, as well as the manager all came out and pleaded with us to give our reasons for leaving. But the list of no-no's was just too long to recite. I told the manager that we were just going back to our room, which made her assume that I wasn't feeling well- so I went with that. We left there and went to a great place just down the street. Overall, Raz'z was a huge disappointment because the name alone suggests something other than what you actually get. What a bummer...

2  Thank Toy L
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Today I got the Cajaun Chicken Sandwich. It was nicely seasoned, but the mayo was over seasoned.

1  Thank kporterhouse