“Awesome sushi!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were staying at the hotel that houses this restaurant and thought we'd give it a try. It was pretty late when we got there and there was only one other table of guests, so service was not an issue. The sushi as found to be excellent. I've had better miso soup, but it wasn't bad. Delicious fresh sushi, though!

There are newer reviews for Goten Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed September 22, 2013

For my first date with a gentlemen, I chose this restaurant. I have always wanted to find a reason to eat there and so I thought that this would be the perfect time. We had reservations for 6.30. When we got there, we were led to the back room which was dark and chilly. Obviously they were short on staff because it took approx. 5 min. for someone to show up then another 10 to get my drink. We sat there for approx. 20 min. and the whole time I was miserable. There were a group of college kids in the next room that was yelling and screaming. There were approx. 80 in all. I couldn't even talk to my date. I asked the manager if he would please ask them to quieten down a little so the rest of us could enjoy our time at the restaurant but his exact words were the following: "No, I will not. They have been coming here every year for the past few years and I am not going to bother them". I was not the only one to complain nor the only one to leave. I will never go there again. I understand that this group was having fun but if I feel that if they were disrupting the other patrons, then it is the the managers duty to say something or else risk losing business from future customers who will want to come by multiple times throughout the year. It seems to me that all he cared about at the time was these individuals and how much money he was going to make rather than the 2 of us or anyone else there.

1  Thank sdkfour
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I don't get the opportunity to eat Japanese fare often, but enjoy it when I do.....I took four members of my family to GOTEN in the Aloft Hotel and had a superb meal of sushi and sashimi. We opted out of the grill experience, only because we were craving sushi that night and I was not disappointed! The waiter, John, was entertaining and gregarious, making the experience even better. The chef prepared an amazing feast as we went through many of his and John's recommendations throughout the dinner meal.The cost was extremely reasonable for the amount of food we ate,l and there is nothing bad I can say about the entire experience.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Sashimi was terrific, super white tuna and spicy tuna.
The Nabe Udon with tempura shrimp was great.
Sake was good.
Tempura combo was okay, maybe just too much fried stuff after a long drive.
Service a little slow, but we would eat here again if it was convenient.

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

The food here is terrible! I was so disappointed because I had heard so many great things about it. Mind you I have been to many many Japanese restaurants and the food here just had a terrible taste to it. The atmosphere was like that of other hibachi restaurants with many people sitting around the grill. The waitress was not in any hurry to refill our drinks, which added to the horrible experience. My advice: don't go here!

1  Thank Loveroffoodgal