“AMAZING SUSHI” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kansas City, Missouri
“AMAZING SUSHI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

THE best fish in the city. Go for the super white tuna and salmon. A big boonus if you are staying in th Hotel Indigo

Visited August 2011

Huntsville, AL
“Communication Issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

The food was average habachi grill and the service was a bit slow. The biggest complaint was the communication issues. After we ordered our drinks they brought out one tray of them and sat them on the grill across from us, we saw them sitting there for about 10 minutes as they brought out the rest of the drinks for our table. We finally asked a guy "are those our drinks?". He replied "yes" and walked away. We realized after this happened with him a few times that he likely didn't speak English (even though he was the one coming around asking if everything was ok). At one point the guys asked two different people about glasses for their beer (which had been brought out in double size bottles). One waiter brought out 2 glasses for the 4 guys at our table and then walked away, never bringing any more. This was pretty much how the night went. Desert is mutli-flavored sherbert (everyone's was different), which was a little different.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Nashville, Tennessee
“Slow but Cordial Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I went to Goten with my husband on my lunch break; we both ordered the same...About 40 minutes after we ordered the food arrived but it was the wrong order. The server told me he would fix it and he did, but we had to eat in a rush and the food was a little bit cold by then. Even though it took so long for us to get our food, our server was extremely apologetic and very cordial. They only charged us for one plate (without us asking for it), which was really nice of them. So, my first experience was not the best but I will give them another chance....

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holland, Michigan
“Hibachi Grill Fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

A group of us went to this restaurant for a birthday and had a great time! The food was tasty and overall the restaurant was good. While we were there they only had one chef working and two grill areas with guests and that forced us to wait a bit longer than maybe we would have liked. The fried rice was fantastic as was the main course (I had petite filet mignon). However, the soup and the salad were nothing too exciting. While the chef was pleasant enough he wasn't too conversational as I have experienced at other hibachi grills. I think that the reason one goes to a hibachi grill is for exceptional service and entertainment, which I felt was lacking. Again the service was not bad, just not exceptional, which is what I expect at a place catering to the experience, not just the food. Overall, a good meal and a good time, just didn't quite meet my expectations.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Richmond, Virginia
“disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

We were disappointed by this restaurant despite being reassured by our "native guide" that it was owned by a real Japanese person. My husband's grilled meat and vegetables served on a hot rock was not so good as to be worth the price. I ordered what should have been broiled eel (I should have been tipped off by the description as "boiled" instead) which is I dish I usually love since they put this great slightly sweet sauce on that caramelizes beautifully on the eel. Instead it was eel cooked plain with the sauce poured over the top and rice (and way too much sauce too). The quantity was decent. Our friends did better with a bento box (very large portion, looked reasonably good) and a vegetable stir fry. But then the food arrived one dish at a time with a good 10 minute wait at least (we counted) in between each one. The only saving grace was the company. The do have Hibachi as well.

• 2 of 5 bubbles