“Nice selection, atmosphere, but don't expect your Oma's cooking”
Review of Gerst Haus

Gerst Haus
Ranked #463 of 2,161 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My own expectations got the better of me, no real complaints to be sure, ample seating, great service! There were so many good options on the menu that we ordered several appetizers to get a little taste of everything. Never heard of Kraut Balls and am not a fan, though must say I don't like Klose or potato balls either, but the true disappointment was the potato pancakes, a must with applesauce and advertised as such had my mouth watering and heart aching for my Oma's "kitchen Parties"... alas, just not the same. The red cabbage was fantastic, as was the German potato salad and sauerkraut with sausage plate. Lastly, we ate too early to enjoy the entertainment, am sure a good OOMPAH or two would have complimented the meal nicely!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stopped in here for an adult beverage and we were not disappointed. We had a sausage sampler and also an order of cheese dip. Very filling and tasty for happy hour apps and a couple of beers. The sausage sampler had 3 types of sausage/kielbasa and a side of German potato salad and sauerkraut. Delicious:-)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The food here is really good. I have eaten here several times. It is a little different, but not too far out for the average person. The food is hearty and well prepared. I saw a couple of roaches though. All restaurants have pests, but this one ran across the table. Call a professional. The food is too good to let that scare you off. I am sure they will take care of the pests.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We eat therte when we can. Flying out of Nashville often means we get several opportunities each year.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Great atmosphere before Titans game. Excllent food and great beer selection. Get here early to get a good table. Mongo use to lead the chicken dance on Friday nights. Legend.