“Sea Bass was fantastic...”
Review of The Palm Nashville

The Palm Nashville
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm Nashville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 2,084 Restaurants in Nashville
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went to the Palm with a vendor before a Preds game last month. The place is packed before games, so expect to wait if you don't have a reservation. But, lots of everyday folk were there - not quite as high brow as one might expect. But, the fish was fantastic - sides were interesting - and our server was great. Expensive, but good...

There are newer reviews for The Palm Nashville

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I visited The Palm last week for dinner before the symphony. This was not our first meal here but its our first in many years.
Dinner reservations at 6:15 and we were seated immediately upon arrival. Server was extremely nice and helpful when deciding on wine and our meal. She just did an excellent job...unfortunately we never saw her again. Actually I did see her as I walked out the front door but more on that later in this review.

I ordered a Cesar Salad, Chillean Sea Bass
Husband ordered the Bone in Ribeye (24 ounces that made him the happiest guy in this restaurant).
We ordered Asparagus and Hand cut fries: A word to the wise even if you are sharing order the smaller of the sides...the regular is just too large.
Food was cooked perfectly and very delicious.
We had a server topping off our water, a different server clearing plates...but the original server was just no where to be found. No do you want another glass of wine, are you doing okay...is there anything else you need. I'm not asking for you to smother me just check once...my wine was empty as was my husbands long before our meals were over.

Our dinner plates were cleared and we sat....and sat and sat. Finally after waiting 15-20 minutes my husband stopped another server and asked him to locate our server for our check. He instead brought the check to us and was nice enough to take and run the card for payment.
As I was leaving the restaurant I ran into the original server and she actually said...thanks again have a great night...huh?

It's too bad I couldn't give a better rating but service determines an overall experience. We loved our meal and would absolutely go back but when you are spending this much money you expect quality food and quality service. Not one or the other.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

10 pm in a restaurant just off Broadway and opposite the sports hall when a hockey game is just coming out, how do you get a seat? Well you just ask nicely and they whisk you into a delightful booth, serve you promptly with beautiful sea bass and side salads, all accompanied by a robust Valpolicella, fresh breads,excellent coffee and then out within the hour.......and they were busy! Another little oasis to go along with the Hermitage Hotel. Menu not extensive but interesting.....but the service was excellent.They have opened a restaurant in England so I joined "the club" and will visit on return home.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went here on a business dinner. First time here, and was flabbergasted by the prices! Luckily, dinner was comped! Everyone really enjoyed their food, and the service is excellent! I highly recommend the tomato Capri salad! One of the best I've ever had! Super-fresh ingredients. Wife had the filet, and she loved it! Perfectly cooked to order. I'm the odd man out, and was the lone vegetarian at the steakhouse. Had an a la carte veggie plate... It was "eh". Definitively not impressed by their sides here, though the creamed spinach and goats' cheese potatoes were pretty tasty. My real favorite was the five layer carrot cake....incredible! Wife had the chocolate layer cake with ganache, which she loved. Beer selection was boring and underwhelming, but at least they had sierra Nevada. Sure the wine selection was better... Loved the ambience with famous patrons' faces painted on the walls! Go here for a lavish splurge on a date night by the concert hall, or if someone else is paying! Otherwise, probably could find a better-priced fancy steak house...

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The prices are outrageous here. Once past the sticker shock though the food is outstanding. We had the bacon wrapped scallops as an appetizer and they were phenomenal. My beet salad was recommended by the server and I see why. Most importantly the steak was cooked exactly as ordered and tasted great. I won't make this a regular stop because of the pricing, but will definitely be back some day.