“Very good change of pace! Quality Carribean food for cheap!”
Review of Calypso Cafe - MOVED

Calypso Cafe
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very good and almost guilt free eating! Rotisserie chicken, beans, rice, sauces, cole slaw, sweet corn bread with coconut! Good stuff! Good people! Very friendly and appreciative! The wife and I ate dinner for less than 16$.

There are newer reviews for Calypso Cafe

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Several locations in town. One in Belle Meade is rarely crowded. Rotisserie chicken is flavorful as are the salads.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Calypso cafe is always refreshing if I need something fast and affordable, but not fast food. Plus it's delicious! My husband and I have recently adopted the Paleo diet/lifestyle and were able to eat out here with ease (Rotisserie Chicken, Salad w/o cheese, vegan spiced sweet potatoes). Vegan friends also eat here easily because menu items are labeled at Vegan or Gluten-Free. And they really are fast. You can walk in and order to-go and it's ready in minutes.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Except for the Harding Road location (which I don't recommend), you cannot go wrong here! Fresh salads, great side items, and so cheap for what you get! Love this place!!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My sorority sister and I went to this lovely, small, intimate restaurant for lunch. The service was very friendly, efficient, and FAST. And the food - oh, the food!!! The cuisine is sort of Cuban healthy soul food - and prepared just right! I had the pulled chicken barbeque sandwich with corn and barley soup and corn and black bean salad. I would order every one of those items again - delicious! I like trying new restaurants, and this is my new favorite - DON'T miss this gem!!!