“Popular East Nashville destination”

The Family Wash/Garage Coffee
Ranked #266 of 2,098 Restaurants in Nashville
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Family Wash is a very intimate and friendly destination in East Nashville for decent eats, good drinks and great music. Some of the city's best musicians and songwriters grace the small stage. You can almost be assured that, if there is live music happening, it'll be very worthwhile. The beer selection is very deep and the bar staples, like Shepherd's Pie, are solid and reasonable priced fare.

2  Thank Mrblurge

Reviewed January 27, 2012

We went the Saturday before Halloween so there were a lot of people dressed up and into that vibe, which is not my thing. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool bar in East Nashville. Not sure that I'd define it as a hipster hangout, but I could see where some would. There was a band playing. It seems like they charged a cover unless you were eating, which we did. I had the shepherd's pie, and yes, as many on Yelp and other sites say it is good. I won't say it's the best I've every had. But that's probably because my mother in law is British. It is a huge serving; too much for one person. They have a decent beer selection.

1  Thank Lance W
Reviewed January 7, 2012

On Tuesdays its Pie and Pint night! Great deal! The pies are big and there is usually some form of entertainment playing.

3  Thank Helga1087
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We went on "pint and pie" night, and you could not beat the $10 beer and shepherd's pie. Great selection of beer, excellent pie.

1  Thank auroraarielella
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Dont let the outside look of the place keep you from stopping in. Great food and service with a great selection of beers. Shepards Pie is excellent!!

2  Thank swireland