“decent bar”

Ranked #6 of 37 Coffee & Tea in Nashville
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We went the Saturday before Halloween so there were a lot of people dressed up and into that vibe, which is not my thing. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool bar in East Nashville. Not sure that I'd define it as a hipster hangout, but I could see where some would. There was a band playing. It seems like they charged a cover unless you were eating, which we did. I had the shepherd's pie, and yes, as many on Yelp and other sites say it is good. I won't say it's the best I've every had. But that's probably because my mother in law is British. It is a huge serving; too much for one person. They have a decent beer selection.

1  Thank Lance W
There are newer reviews for The Family Wash/Garage Coffee

Reviewed January 7, 2012

On Tuesdays its Pie and Pint night! Great deal! The pies are big and there is usually some form of entertainment playing.

3  Thank Helga1087
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We went on "pint and pie" night, and you could not beat the $10 beer and shepherd's pie. Great selection of beer, excellent pie.

1  Thank auroraarielella
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Dont let the outside look of the place keep you from stopping in. Great food and service with a great selection of beers. Shepards Pie is excellent!!

2  Thank swireland
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Cool place with great food. Been there twice this year. My only complaint is the service.

Feels like they are doing us a favor by allowing us to eat their food.

Remember ...... in this economy it would be wise to cater to the customer newer or older.

* below question - with caution

1  Thank sjmobleytn