“Breakfast worth the wait” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pancake Pantry

Pancake Pantry
Ranked #35 of 2,026 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Hillsboro West End
Description: The Pancake Pantry, located in the Hillsboro Village area near Vanderbilt University, has been a Nashville tradition since 1961. Breakfast and lunch are served daily except Thanksgiving Day and Christmas.
Chicago, Illinois
“Breakfast worth the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great service, coffee and grits! A Nashville icon - loved it! Ordered typical breakfast - eggs, grits, rye toast and sausage - perfectly prepared and served up hot! Timing is essential - we got there about 8:20A - just ahead of the rush! When we left at 9:20 - there was a line out the door!
As with most places in Nashville - you need to be patient finding a parking spot!

Nashville, Tennessee
“It's so good oh my”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a great place I've never been disappointed. It's a bit pricy but worth it; the portions are big and the pancakes are so yummy. My only issue is it's so fattening I can't eat there with any regularity. The coffee is also dynamite much better than all the fancy coffee shops around town. I adore that they employ older people and keep them, some for decades I heard, no wonder the service has always been good. Great place.

Visited October 2012
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Pancakes...yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I heard about this place from someone and I really wanted pancakes so I called in my order ahead: one sweet potato and one chocolate chip pancake. The line at ~8:30am on a Sunday was already out the door and the inside looked like a nice place to sit down. I ended up driving around a while trying to find a place to eat so by the time I started eating, they were not warm anymore. The chocolate chip was average..they're not actually in the batter. They just throw a bunch of chocolate chips on top. The sweet potato one was quite good. I could've eaten a couple more. Would definitely come back.

Visited September 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“Pancake Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was a great place to begin our tour of Nashville! I had pancakes with pecans & warm buttery syrup & bacon & coffee - the pancakes melted in my mouth & the pecans added so much extra flavor! The prices were very reasonable as well. I would recommend this eatery to everyone who visits Nashville!

1 Thank Lori G
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Pancakes for breakfast??? Any day of the week!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went here today for the first time in years. We've recently returned to the Nashville area after being gone since 2006. Today we walked in and sat down at 1 p.m. No wait. Our orders were promptly taken and our meals came quickly. My blueberry pancakes were hot and nicely presented. My wife's buckwheat pancakes were also a hit. (The PP was not busy at all but long waits are expected on weekends. ). The staff was very friendly. This is an institution for breakfast dining in Nashville and worth a visit!

1 Thank Randy K