“Worth the Wait”

Pancake Pantry
Ranked #39 of 2,038 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Hillsboro West End
Description: The Pancake Pantry, located in the Hillsboro Village area near Vanderbilt University, has been a Nashville tradition since 1961. Breakfast and lunch are served daily except Thanksgiving Day and Christmas.
NW, Ohio
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Don't be intimidated by the length of the line--it tends to move fairly quickly. I was there on a Sunday, around 11:30am. While it took about 45 minutes to get seated, it was worth the wait. I had the sweet potato pancakes, a house specialty. They were fluffy and tender, but I thought that the sweet potato flavor could have been a little stronger. I did really like the cinnamon cream that was served with them. The service is friendly and fast. The prices are reasonable.

• Visited November 2012

Macon, Georgia
“Great pancakes!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great service and variety of pancakes! Great, efficient service! Omelets also very good! We had the blueberry, buttermilk, and sweet potato pancakes. My sons also ordered an omelet and french toast. The french toast is on thick bread and tastes great! Sweet potato pancakes served with cinnamon cream syrup. I loved the blueberry pancakes! There is often a very long line to get inside. Parking is behind the restaurant - remember to get a ticket from the parking kiosk.

Visited November 2012
Cincinnati, OH
“Cool place, nice tourist attraction, needs an upgrade”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here during a drive through nashville based on the recommendation of some friends. It was a sunday early afternoon and there was an hour wait. The food was pretty good. My daughter had the reubin and loved it, I had breakfast with pecan pancakes. My only disappointment was how they just sprinkled pecans on the pancakes instead of mixing them in the batter.
Overall it was cool, but I probably wouldn't go through the effort again. I can now say i've done it.

1 Thank bababste
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Breakfast delight”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The restaurant is located on the corner of an older row of retail establishments. A large parking lot is in the rear but of course was full but we quickly found a street space. The line was at first glance long but conversations with others in line made the wait seem short. We were seated and beverages quickly arrived. Wonderful menu selections made what to have a chore. Our selections came quickly and were more than adequate and very very scrumptious! Our waitress was very knowledgeable and efficient. While I guess there is always a line there was no pressure to eat and leave. It was truly a worthwhile and satisfying breakfast experience.

• Visited September 2012
Houston, Texas
“Delicious Brunch”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My family and I ate at the Pancake Pantry today for Brunch....The food was Excellent. We waited in line approx. 45-50min to get in the place, but I think it was well worth the wait. As we were leaving, the line was still around the corner. The Pancakes were a delight, with every bite you knew they were homemade. The hashbrowns were also delicious. My daughter ordered an omelet and it was generous size. The Pecan Pancakes were yummy. I recommend waiting and would go back again.

• Visited November 2012