“Great family style breakfast! Met really nice people!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monell's Dining & Catering

Monell's Dining & Catering
1235 6th Ave. North, Nashville, TN 37208-2601 (Germantown)
615-248-4747
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,879 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Germantown
Description: When in Nashville do as the locals do... Pass the Peas..Please! Great Southern Food served Family Style in Historic Settings. Located in historic buildings, Monell's as been a Nashville staple since 1995. Come on in, grab a seat and pass the food to the left. Monell's famous Skillet Fried Chicken served at every meal, including our weekend country breakfast. A vist to Nashville is not complete without dining at Monell's. Enter as strangers...Leave as Friends. Monell's - 4 locations to serve you.
Whippany, New Jersey
“Great family style breakfast! Met really nice people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This was our best breakfast by far. You are seated with other people that you do not know and then you have to pass all the food to your left and everyone gets whatever they are serving that morning. The cheese grits were awesome and the pulled pork sausage was a winner. The food is not only plentiful but very tasty. If you are going to breakfast get there early the place gets insanely busy by about 930. It gets busy for good reason with how good the food is.

1 Thank hugedevilsfan

Nashville, Tennessee
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Delish food... just not a big fan of the family-style eating; I tend not to like everyone hovering over my food. Other than that, very good southern-style cooking.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Pizza-ista
Los Angeles, California
“Yummy and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel recommend Monells while I was in Nashville for work. I was a bit apprehensive because of the communal tables since I was by myself. Plus this includes the sharing/ passing of bowls among strangers(is that even allowed). In any case, the person who greeted me immediately made me feel comfortable. I got sat at the head of the table with two other parties filling the table. Salads, biscuits, sides, 2 entrees and the best fried chicken all brought to the table. Pass to your left! And all we could eat. Finished with cherry cobbler. I ended up having good conversation with the tasty food. Oh, and the service was fantastic (they kept filling any empty bowls and the basket of chicken. Yes, some of he dishes were a bit "off" but who cares... For $16. I'll be back fer sho!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank WayneBrock
Louisville, Kentucky
“Better than Mom"s Sunday Dinners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Thinking about there food, makes my mouth water. Large bowls of different salads, corn muffins and biscuits, with fresh made apple butter, starts your tantalizing journey. There is pitchers of water, sweet tea, unsweet, and lemonade. Next comes the buffet round of all the hot foods . I could not stand up straight, when I was walking out. This is a buffet. NOT like any other but you want by disappointed. They seat you at 8 foot tables, then fill in the seats with the next group of strangers. So that you can learn people that come to visit. There's is no cell phones allowed to be used in this place. The full experience is wonderful, great job Monelle's!

Columbia, South Carolina
“Best food in the world!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I ate here on a Wednesday, when they had fried chicken, baked chicken and pork chops for the entrée. Oh my goodness, they put all the food out on the table like Thanksgiving. You get to meet and talk with other people as you dine. I enjoyed everything on the table. They have a swing outside the restaurant for those who eat too much and just want to relax for a minute. I was in Nashville on a business trip and all I heard about while here was this restaurant. Rode over with some friends and had a feast!!

• Visited July 2014