“Possibly the best of Nashville!”

Kien Giang Restaurant
Ranked #592 of 2,129 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed February 24, 2013

It is closed on Mondays but it is a great value. Very clean. Does not take plastic, just cash. No atmosphere just great food at great prices. A must!

2  Thank Oldskeer

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Pho, vertically, crispy pancake, bbq pork sandwich! All Yummy. My son & daughter-in-law go every week, so, of course, we ha to try it when we visited them.

1  Thank KathrynSMarch
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We eat here weekly! It is outstanding, fresh, generous portions, super clean and friendly environment. Everything is delicious- the Pho is outstanding... highly recommend the spring rolls, the pho and the delicious little pancakes with shrimp and caramelized onions. Prices are excellent. This restaurant takes no credit cards- CASH ONLY- but value is tremendous, so a couple can easily eat for around $25 or less. One tip- they do not want to rush you, no one comes to your table with a bill. When you are ready to leave, simply go to the cashier, tell them what table number you sat at and they will ring you up cheerfully! We love this restaurant and cannot recommend it enough. CLEAN and delicious fresh fare is served here!

3  Thank MusicCityTravelers
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I found the service more than adequate. The menu is fairly extensive and the food is excellent. Disclaimer: I have never had anyone who has a clue tell me if the Pho I'm eating is good and/or authentic. I just know what I like - and I liked Kien Giang. I had summer rolls with shrimp & pork - huge, fresh and delicious. The peanut sauce was a bit sweeter than I prefer, but a squirt of lemon & fish sauce fixed that. My husband had the veg version and loved them, and also thought the sauce too sweet. I had the Pho #9 (house special seafood noodle soup). Holy Mother of Pho, it was good. I probably should have stuck with #1 as there were 3 shrimp & 3 pieces of pseudo-crab for the seafood. All the other players were there: tendon, tripe, eye of round, flank, & meatballs. The broth was delicate, very layered, and complex. It was not overly sweet, which was a thrill. I managed to eat most of it without wearing any of it - also a thrill. HAH! John got the #3 Pancake - stuffed with tofu, onions, carrots, & bean sprouts. It came with lettuce, herbs, and a soy-based sauce with peanuts which he said was very sweet. He loved the pancake. We weren't sure what was in the batter and didn't ask for details. I tried a bite and thought it was quite good, but not something I'd order instead of pho. He also got a taro bubble tea. I thought it a rather odd flavor, but not bad.

About 30 minutes before closing, a group of 8 came in. They were told they could stay if they would order RIGHT NOW. It was so funny. Most hadn't even sat down yet and the server was writing furiously, taking their orders. She was not at all rude, just plainly stated the facts. The group was game and had obviously been there before.

Again - take cash. No plastic or checks allowed. Another caveat: the restaurant is in a shopping center atop a hill. We drove past it once and almost the second time before we saw it. It was dark and raining, and the center was poorly lit, which didn't help.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I grew up in a very large Vietnamese community in New Orleans. And this is as close as you're going to get to having someone's mom cooking it for you. A typical good Vietnamese restaurant isn't fancy, isn't spotless, is cheap and usually has an old man reading a newspaper sitting in a corner smoking a cigarette. This place hits all the marks (except for the last one...this time anyway). You can save your hoity toity for somewhere else if you want gourmet, if you want real Vietnamese food you can come here. The Pho is good and the grilled pork with rice dishes are excellent. They also have a wide variety of Vietnamese drinks including my favorite "Soda Sua Hot Ga", which is soda, egg yolk, and condensed milk. Anyway, service is good. It's everything I expect out of a Pho Restaurant and I'm fairly choosy about my Vietnamese restaurants.

1  Thank nghisus