“Great experience - Terrific Server!”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 2,129 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Just north of Commerce Street on Second Avenue N.
Description: The Melting Pot Restaurant is where fun is cooked up fondue style. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, long overdue date night or celebrating with a group. We are the premier fondue restaurant, centrally located on Westheimer, providing a casually elegant dining experience and an intimate atmosphere. The relaxing four-course experience begins with a cheese fondue prepared table side and fresh salads while your entrée pot heats up. You'll simmer a variety of meats, seafood and vegetables in the cooking style of your choice. Each morsel is hot, fresh and delicious and all entrées are accompanied by an array of dipping sauces. Chocolate fondue is the finale, served with decadent dippers. Most make reservations for the four-course dining experience but more than a few have stopped by to satisfy that cheese fondue or chocolate craving. The Melting Pot also features a great wine list, specialty cocktails and martinis.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I took my kids and my daughter's boyfriend to the Melting Pot as a treat! My kids had been several years ago and always remembered the experience, but this was the first visit for the boyfriend. We all had a blast! We did the 4-course experience, and it was really great. The food and variety was great, and the whole experience was so fun. No one makes you feel rushed, and you really do get to enjoy the food and your stay.

Our server, Michael, was a blast! He was informative, full of energy, had a great laugh and made the whole experience even better. He brought us extra strawberries and marshmallows at dessert time, which was a bonus! We also received a visit from one of the managers to make sure we were enjoying our experience. Very good service.

The only downside is the price - definitely not for someone on a tight budget. However, for a "once in awhile" experience, it was great! Because you have so many different courses and spend so much time there, it is worth it.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Took my wife here for her birthday, was the first time at this location but had been to others in different cities. This location is in a remodeled warehouse basement which gives it a rather dark but pleasant atmosphere on 2nd Avenue North in downtown Nashville. Music plays in the background thoughout the restaurant (jazz I believe). The hostess was very nice and we were seated quickly. If you are going to go for a birthday or anniversay, then request a quiet location up near the front of the restaurant, otherwise, it can be a bit noisy. Drink prices are ok, beer prices for craft beers are pretty reasonable ($3.95). The pricing on the menu has changed from in the past you ordered for 2, now you can do each person with a different combination of food which gives some flexibility. Our waitress was adequate although she wasn't as friendly as others and sometimes got a bit distracted. Overall the food was more than enough to eat. We bought the 4 course meal (cheese fondue, salad, meat/veggies and chocolate fondue for dessert). If you go this route expect to pay about $120 or so (including 2 drinks each). Nice change up from other options.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My fiance had brought me here for my birthday. The forr was alright and the service was good. We returned home and the nightmare began. We have never been so sick in our lives. I would never recommend the melting pot to anyone.

1  Thank Marybeth1212
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was our first trip to this highly recommended restaurant. I'm not much on venturing out of my normal steak dinner, but this experience was definitely worth it. Our server, Micheal, was very patient and great @ explaining everything to us. We had very attentive service, everything was just as ordered, and the food was great, even if we did cook it ourselves! LOL. As I said, I am a bit picky on my food choices, but I don't think anything on the menu would have been a dissappointment to me. Go prepared to walk out totally full and satisfied. Def recommend utilizing the available valet parking as downtown BNA can be a bit of a pain in that department, and the valet is just as cheap if not cheaper than parking garage rates.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The service, food and ambiance at this restaurant was well worth the money and I'll definitely be coming back! Even my husband (who is NOT a foodie) said it was an "awesome experience"!