“Good if you're in the neighborhood” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tin Angel

Tin Angel
Reserve with OpenTable
Tin Angel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 2,028 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Contemporary, American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 32nd Avenue S.
Asheville, NC
“Good if you're in the neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We ate dinner there last week and were pretty pleased with it. Our daughter lives nearby so we walked across West End Avenue (an adventure with seven lanes) and got to the restaurant at pretty close to peak time on a Wednesday night. We were seated immediately, although when we came out afterward there were a few people waiting in the bar for a table. The service was excellent and the food was good although unremarkable. We each had a decent glass of wine. The price for the three of us before the tip was $46.00. There are dozens of restaurants located nearby on West End, but this restaurant is probably about as good as anything you'd find in the price range. It isn't the kind of place you'd drive across town to visit, but if you're in the neighborhood this is an ok choice.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Neighborhood Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Dinner with a friend of long standing relative to a business matter was in a quiet setting within this welcoming neighborhood restaurant. The wine list is unremarkable but we found an acceptible Rhone. The fried green tomato appetizer is heavy on spice while my potato encrusted flounder was tasteless and mushy. The greens on the plate were well seasoned but a small serving. Water service, rolls and butter, timely waitress about says it all. Convenient but nothing special.

1 Thank James C
Maryland
“eat local on west end”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Enjoyed a delightful omelette brunch with my daughter at the Tin Angel recently and had great service in a nice atmosphere. Prices a little high ($12 for omelette) but all ingredients fresh and local). Very attentive serving staff as well as at the door.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Finally found #2 best restaurant in Nashville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

My list has finally begun. With so many mediocre restaurants in business, it's been difficult to compile the best restaurant list in Nashville... Until now.

I will keep trying restaurants until I have compiled a list of best restaurants based on Food quality, service quality, variety quality...

I met a group of friends for dinner last night at the Tin Angel. I have never been to this restaurant until last night...
We got there when it opened and was seated immediately. Quickly after being seated, the place began to fill up with young and old, groups and dates.. Not a table went empty from 6 to 9pm.. Diners at other tables seem to be smiling and looked as happy as our group.

All of us began with appetizers and glasses of wine... Everything came out beautifully executed, ample goodies on each plate, tasty.. everyone seemed genuinely happy with their chosen appetizer.
I had the short rib appetizer with pickled vegetables.. It was AWESOME!
Then many of us got different main dishes. I ordered the duck in maple bourbon glaze and it was sooooooooo good... The rice was amazing, and I am not a rice fan.. Big hunks of sweet carrots, big pieces of walnuts.. the flavors were amazing... I can't believe I ate all my rice! I usually leave it as it's only filler on a plate to fill you up.. This accented my duck beautifully! Wow!
I saw all the different dishes and asked each of my guests how they like their choice of entree.. Only one person wasn't all that excited about his hanger steak.. I think he would have been happier with either a skirt steak or ribeye..
But all in all, every one loved their entree and I saw no food left on their plates.

I never order dessert, but the whole table was ordering so I went ahead and ordered something simple.. Creme Brulee.. I saw cakes, and crisps, and ice cream... all nice sized slices, beautifully presented.

The prices weren't bad.. The food was definitely 5 stars, service was 5 stars, ambiance was 5 stars (although it was loud in there)...

I had: 2 glasses of house chardonnay, appetizer, entree & dessert (all gluten free) and my bill came to $62.15 with 18% tip added in.. I was not bloated, I didn't over eat, I did not waddle out.

This is #2 best restaurant I've tried in Nashville.
Margot's is still #1.
I'm still going down the list of restaurants in this town..

I would highly recommend this place as a local eatery, fresh food, best service...
If you're going to go out to dinner, try this place. for sure!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good food & atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I was here with a group of friends! Great ambiance. I had the lobster and shrimp risotto and it was delicious. Wish it left me room for dessert!